Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Write It Down

 Studies have shown you're much more likely to remember something if you write it down.
I actually enjoy making a list, on pretty paper using a special pen.
I like to organize my week and month by using a planner or calendar.
I use a paper calendar 
to organize my appointments and the dates I need to remember for the month.
Digital is fine, but I prefer paper for this.

Surround yourself with pretty things, 
it's nice to have a candle burning on your desk.
Pretty things enhance your mood, creativity, and productivity.

If you have pretty paper and a fun pen you are more likely to write a note,
people still do this, at least I do.
This set of paper is old, 
but I still love it for writing a quick note of thanks or to let someone know I am thinking of them.

USPS has really stepped up their game when it comes to stamp designs.
I buy pretty flower and holiday themed forever stamps online,
these make sending cards and notes lots of fun.

I still read paper magazines, silly right?
Most people read the digital form on their computer or phone.

This cabinet is filled with lovely papers, ribbons, buttons, 
and embellishments that inspire me every day!

10 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love pretty cards and like to buy postcards too. It's so nice to send a quick note to someone as a surprise!

Anonymous said...

I agree, digital is fine for some things but give me a real magazine! You have to do what makes you happy and notecards etc. make life a bit better in my opinion.

Rian said...

I love pretty notecards too. And I still send a surprise note to friends or family when the notion moves me. But my desk looks nothing like yours. It's cluttered... kind of an organized chaos. You are so organized - I really wish I could be that way. As for magazines, I don't subscribe, but occasionally buy a Cast Iron Cooking one... but today so many magazines are all ads... and most cost about $12. But I do keep them and like to take time to go through them on a cold rainy day.

Latane Barton said...

I like to surround myself with pretty things, notepaper, my favorite books, colorful pillows, fresh flowers. It set a whole different mood for my day.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Such a lovely post! So many pretty papers and stamps, and I love the idea of lighting a candle while writing a sweet note. Your cabinet is so perfect for all of your pretty things. I've never thought of ordering stamps on-line. A great idea! xx K

The Furry Gnome said...

I still read paper magazines, several in fact, both here at home and at the library.

DrumMajor said...

I still use a paper calendar and paper checks, and read paper magazines! (How can you be on the phone about scheduling an event or date when you can't see the iPhone calendar?) It's too many steps to get to the calendar on an iPhone and I don't trust they stay where they're supposed to be. I like reading in bed, not sitting at a PC. Nope, don't even have a tablet to read that way.
Linda in Kansas

Marie Smith said...

I write things down then lose the notes. My husband uses Alexa and creates a grocery list which he has on his phone. That is much too high tech for me.

Conniecrafter said...

I do the same thing, I have a calendar I buy every year and then write everything on it, I like to read my magazines in paper form too, just isn't the same to me on the tablet. I love your flowery stationary paper and envelopes :)

Lowcarb team member said...

I love to write (and receive) letters, I like the look of your flowery paper.

All the best Jan