Tuesday, January 3, 2023

The Postcard Book

 When the hubs and I travel, we always send postcards home.
He sends one to me and I send one to him.
We try to write them on the last day of the trip, 
or at the end of a day trip, we write about our favorite part of the day or get away!
We have been doing this for years, I put them in a "quick to make book",
and we flip through it every so often.

The fun-est part of this idea is receiving the postcards in the mail.
Most often we have come home, totally forgotten about the postcards,
and in a few days, they appear in the mail.
Reading them is fun, seeing what was the favorite part of the trip for the other is the best part.


I used wood for the front and back cover, cut to size and drilled with two holes.


I used binder rings to hold the book together.

Next I tied pretty ribbons to the binder rings..
This was a super simple project.

Right now, I have a hand full of postcards to put in the book.
I just have to punch the holes and place them in the back so they are in chronological order.
This is a great project if you enjoy traveling!

- wanderlust -
- a strong desire for, or impulse to, wander or travel and explore the world -

10 comments:

Rian said...

Debbie, you come up with the best ideas!

Ruth S said...

I sent myself one from Italy and it took 6 weeks to arrive.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The postcard book is a great idea, it is fun to receive a postcard from each other. Take care, enjoy your day!

Marie Smith said...

So creative and a great keepsake!

Lowcarb team member said...

This is such a lovely idea :)

All the best Jan

LeAnn said...

Thank you for posting this one. You are amazing and so creative, and I love the idea. My husband and I don't travel much, but I think it is so awesome that you write postcards about your adventure. What a fun history of all the marvelous things that you do.
Sending blessings and hugs!
In the post below, I have given you some updated thoughts.

Changes in the wind said...

Wished I would have known of this back in the day we traveled:)

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Very cool idea! We used to send postcards to the grandkids when we were full-time. Have not done that for a few years now.

DeniseinVA said...

What a splendid idea Debbie, so clever to do that and much fun to browse through afterwards.

Conniecrafter said...

I have started a journal that I take with us and I write in what I am enjoying about the trip or want to remember then Greg tells me what he liked and I write that in too :) you sure have found some pretty cards