Monday, January 23, 2023

New Jersey Museum Of Boating

The day started at the inlet...
with a little something to eat as we hoped to watch the boats go out to sea.
In the morning, we also see some boats come in from a night time of fishing.
Saturday morning, we saw neither...we did not see the sun either. 

Death By Chocolate

Aunt Betty

We had our donuts from Top That Donuts and the frozen coffee drink we enjoy from Dunkin Donuts.
We watched the gulls, they are quite aggressive with one another and noisey, but you already know that.
It was chilly, I did not get out of the car to take any pictures.

After we went for a drive, I was hoping to find something I could photograph.
We drove past a sign that said 
"New Jersey Museum of Boating"
The hubs turned around and we searched for it.

This House Boat was the first thing I saw, oh be still my heart.
Tucked back here, in the middle of nowhere, there it was.
There was another, not so fancy, on a private dock, impossible to photograph, and it was for sale.
But this one, oh this one, I about wet my pants when I saw it.



We found the Boat Museum, 4 buildings actually.
Everything was roped off, I was pretty lucky to get what pictures I did.






Really old buildings, just what you would expect.

I would really like to get inside.


There were a lot of sailboats here, 
out of the water and resting for winter.


This is in Bayhead, only 10 minutes from where we live.
I definitely want to go back in the spring...
when it's warm and the sun is out.

But the clouds are kinda' pretty...aren't they?

11 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Oh that is a neat houseboat, I like all the "porch/and deck area on it! I wonder if they live in it year around or if it is just a summer house. Yes when the clouds are fluffy they are quite interesting, I like when they move fast and you can see them changing!

Sandi said...

Delicious!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

You had me at donuts! We have been to a couple boat museums. I really enjoy the ones where they show the old handmade ones. The craftsmanship is incredible. Speaking of incredible, I'd love to see the inside of that houseboat!

Debbie said...

hi jim, i will have to go back in the spring, everything was roped off!!

Rian said...

Those donuts look wonderful! And I love that house-boat. Now that would be a fun vacation - drifting around on a house-boat.

DeniseinVA said...

That boat house is fabulous, maybe in my next lifetime :) You got great photos Debbie, such an interesting look into this area.

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely House Boat ...

Look forward to some more photographs of this place in the Spring :)

All the best Jan

DrumMajor said...

I'd go back to sleep if I ate that breakfast. What a totally cool boat place. We had a 24' open bow Bayliner at Lake of the Ozarks, but I've neve seen such a huge boat house, where the boats are still in the water, but covered overhead. We stored our's in a slip that held 4 boats with a top above, but not a walled-in storage area. Linda in Kansas

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The donuts look delicious! I love that houseboat. It would be fun to live part time on a houseboat. Great photos. Take care, have a wonderful day!

Marie Smith said...

If you have to have an overcast day, that is the one to have. I look forward to your spring visit there.

JD/ Jill said...

Great photographs! Thank you for sharing!