Tuesday, January 17, 2023

A Good Life

 Life has been pretty darn good around here...
I have a cold so I have not been going out but I have been doing little projects around the house.
I finished all of the "year end" personal and business work files,
everything is compiled for the accountant for 2022 and the files are set up for 2023.
It's a big job...I am glad it is done.

I watched a really good, new movie on Netflix's


Dog Gone

A true story, about a dog who gets lost, and his families desperate search to find him.
Be sure and have some tissues handy!
Then I watched Hachi: A Dog's Tale for the 3rd time...
another awesome film, you definitely need a big box of tissues if you are going to watch this one.

I started a new hat...
this yarn is a gorgeous lavender but does not photograph well.
I started this hat so I had something to work on while I am waiting for the yarn I ordered for...

this project.
I will be making this blanket in the color shown with the yarn I ordered
from 

For the second time this week, a humpback whale has washed up on the Jersey Shore.
I believe the total count for the month is seven.
Much research is being done to find out what is killing these whales.


I walked to the front door and looked out, no color in the sky.
I always leave the main door open, 
so I can see out the storm door, just in case something wonderful happens.
Two or three minutes later, this happened, 
it was gorgeous and so unexpected as it had been a very gloomy day!


- life is as good as your mindset -

8 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Sad to lose humpbacks! The sky is a beauty. I can’t watch dog movies yet. Georgie’s loss is too recent.

Rian said...

I have seen both Hachi and Dog Gone... both good movies. And I like that seed stitch pattern! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Ruth S said...

I couldn’t watch A Dogs Tale more than once.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

We started watching Dog Gone last week but didn't finish it. We got to the part where he chased the fox and got lost then had to turn it off. We'll finish it when we get back.

Conniecrafter said...

I saw that show was on Netflix, I will have to put it on my to watch list. Like the pattern on that hat, don't you hate when they don't show up in the true colors. The blanket looks like it will be very nice and warm :)
Oh wow I hope they can find out what is going on with the whales.
That sunset looks like one we had last Saturday, they can come out of the blue can't they, just fantastic!
Hope you start feeling better, bet it felt good to get all that work done!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I will have to look for that Netflix Dog Gone movie.
Your hat and the blanket are both pretty projects.
There has been a humpback whale washed on on Assateague Beach this week too. it is very sad.
Your sky captures are gorgeous, love the colors.
Take care, have a great day!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I'm sorry about the whale -- that is so sad. We saw in the Oregon paper on line that another one washed up on the beach in Newport (Oregon). So sad. That sky/sunset is fabulous -- so glad you left the door open. Sometimes it seems like the sun makes a special effort just before it leaves for the day.

Lowcarb team member said...

So sorry to read about the whale(s) being washed up on the Jersey Shore.
I wonder if you may have any offshore wind developments that may be causing whales to do this? It is very concerning.

Beautiful colours in your two sky photographs.

All the best Jan