Monday, January 2, 2023

Bye, Bye Christmas You Will Be Missed

Saturday, the hubs put all of the outdoor Christmas decorations away...
by himself, I did not help.
I felt a little guilty about that but he is "better at it" then me...hehehehe
so I let him do it alone.
Overcome with guilt, I started the long and tedious project of putting away the inside decorations.
I did not get that much done on my own, and we decided we would finish, together on Sunday.
Everything is put away but now the house needs a good cleaning...does it ever end!
I took pictures with all the dust and dust bunnies, cool that you can't see them!


Entryway



Family Room

Family Room Fireplace

Left side of Family Room, looking in toward the kitchen


Kitchen


Dining Room turned Home Office
I have never shared a picture of this room in the past. 
It's always messy, I did not clean it up!


Living Room


The Stone Fireplace is two stores 
and is also in the entry and upstairs hallway.

That's all of the downstairs.

The hubs built this house in the early 1980's.
We raised our two sons here ages 39 and 40 right now.
Mike 39, lives in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
Oldest Scott lives in Austin Texas.
I have always hoped they have good memories of growing up here...
there were a lot of birthday parties and playdates.
I hosted a ton of pasta parties as they got older,
prom parties and graduation parties.
They always had friends over and with a huge pool in the backyard,
this was a popular house to play and swim.
But it was the 2 am parties I was not too fond of...
if you get my drift...
I love this house, I am not sure we will ever leave it!

11 comments:

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Dear Debbie!
A beautiful home where she placed love and happiness.
And let it be so for the years to come.
Hugs and greetings from distant Poland.

Rian said...

It's a beautiful house and home, Debbie. I can't imagine why you would leave it... unless you needed to downsize at some point. There are levels and stairs which might possibly be difficult for you at some future date. But your area is so lovely, I can see how it would be hard to leave. We built our house in 1985 and don't plan to ever leave (unless for some reason it becomes necessary).

Conniecrafter said...

It is a beautiful house, love how your stone fireplace goes the whole length and you have a little peek a boo spot to look down from the upstairs.
We still have all our decorations up, usually keep them up until Jan.6 and then I have a whole collection of Snowmen that come out and I have them up until I get ready to put up a few Valentine decorations in February :)
Happy New Year!

Linda said...

I love every photo and can place you in my mind's eye! I love a home with charm and character like yours!! I would not want to leave it either!

Lowcarb team member said...

A beautiful home, full of love, laughter and happy memories.

All the best Jan

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Very unique and beautiful house! Love the stone fireplace.

DrumMajor said...

Your beautiful house doesn't seem to have any dust bunnies, just lots of nice memories! Linda in Kansas

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,

You have a beautiful home, lots of happy memories and good times.

Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

Marie Smith said...

Your beautiful home has a cozy feel…it wrapped your family in its arms all those years. May it continue to do so…

DeniseinVA said...

I wouldn't want to leave your house either, it is a beautiful place and I love how you have decorated it. Did I wish you Happy New Year yet? Happy New Year!!! Thank you for brightening my days.

techner said...

Techner is a dynamic, innovative provider of top-quality consultancy, offshore recruitment, telecom design, and project management services.technerOur team of experienced professionals is dedicated to delivering exceptional results and helping our clients achieve their business goals.