Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Pinterest...Inspire Me!!

Whenever I need a little inspiration, I always turn to Pinterest!
Here are a few appetizers for the big game.
My Patrick Mahomes & the KC Chiefs 
won the AFC Championship and are headed to the Super Bowl!

I have made these several times and they are super simple.
Toasted slices of french bread,
a spread of cream cheese, seasoned to your liking...
topped with a slice of fresh mozzarella, prosciutto and fresh dill. 

The recipe for this dip can be found here.
I make something very similar...
My recipe calls for 1 cup of sour cream and 1 cup of mayonnaise.
Everything else is the same.

We love potatoes, the recipe for these can be found here.

This is a great way to serve fresh vegetables, 
whether you are serving a crowd or not.

I made this twice and it's awesome...
I just used pillsbury regular, premade dinner rolls.
12 Frozen Dinner Roll Dough Balls
8 oz Cream Cheese - Softened
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Grated Romano Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 14 oz Can (1 1/2 Cups) Artichoke Hearts - Drained and chopped
- 3/4 Cup Frozen Chopped Spinach - Thawed and drained of excess water
- 2 Cloves Garlic - chopped
- 1 tsp Basil
- Olive Oil
Coat a 10 inch oven-safe skillet with olive oil. 
Place the Dinner Roll Dough Balls in a ring around the skillet. 
Cover and let rise until thawed and doubled in size.
In a medium bowl, 
combine Cream Cheese, Parmesan, Romano, 
Mozzarella, Sour Cream, Artichokes, Spinach, Garlic and Basil.
Once dough has thawed, uncover and scoop the dip into the center of the skillet. 
Brush the rolls with olive oil, and top with an additional sprinkle of cheese (optional). 
Bake in a preheated oven at 375˚F (190˚C) for 25 minutes. 
Remove and let cool slightly before serving. 
The pattern for these super easy fingerless mitts can be found here.

The pattern for this super easy Double Brimmed hat can be found here.
I started this hat yesterday.

Look at this super simple bookmark, 
no instructions are necessary.

I have some pressed flowers,
this is "one little project" I would like to try.

I love this...

and could these flowers be any prettier?

- Self Care -

I love this blanket and it will be next up on my needles!
The pattern can be found here.

13 comments:

Leanne Coppola said...

I LOVE your toast appetizers and your potato chip dip. SOOO yummy! Congrats to your Patrick! Very exciting. Everything else looks so nice too.

JD/ Jill said...

Oh my goodness! You made me so hungry with this post!!! smile.
the projects look wonderful!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The food ideas all look delicious, I would love to try all of them.
The little jars with flowers are really pretty. I do not have a favorite for the Super Bowl, good luck to both teams. Take care, enjoy your day and have a great week ahead.

Marie Smith said...

They all feel cozy…winter perfect! Thank you for sharing.

BeachGypsy said...

Why do so many of your posts make ME HUNGRY??!!ha ha LOL. I liked yesterdays post too.....i remembered being there before. Not in person, but through your blog, I loved seeing all the old buildings again. Would love to meander around there.

Conniecrafter said...

Sounds like you have some goodies planned for the super bowl, Congrats on your team making it! I made a candle holder a few years back with dried flowers, I need to get that out again this spring :)
That blanket looks like it will be nice and warm!

DrumMajor said...

Surely you take reservations for me to come visit for a week to your lovely creative sanctuary! Linda in Kansas

Angie said...

Debbie - I was rooting for the Bengals, so I am sad. But it was a heck of a game to watch. Your appetizers/other menu items look very tasty. My husband tried one of those dough rings for a Christmas holiday party that we hosted, and it was a hit! Self-care - I am not usually a big fan of baths, but I recently had some lower back pain, and soaking for 20 minutes for a couple days in a row really helped!

DeniseinVA said...

I'm happy for you that your team is heading to the Superbowl! I'm a fan of Pinterest and love browsing through it. You got some great recipes here and thank you for the links. Also love your knitting creations, that blanket, can't wait to see it on your blog :) Other photo treats fun to see. Enjoy your week Debbie :)

Rian said...

All of your food and projects look wonderful. I especially like that last pattern and may check it out.
We've had an Arctic freeze here that is keeping up inside. Roads are awful. Had to cancel one doctor appointment - but no problem as most places are closed anyway.

Lowcarb team member said...

Those fresh vegetables batons look great :)

All the best Jan

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie :=) Great food and artistic links. I don't cook these days, at 84 I find it difficult to stand for long, although I appreciate good food. I like your knitted hat and gloves, and the blanket is beautiful. It will take you quite some time for you to make it, but how lovely and warm it will be.
All the best.

Sally said...

Mercy lady, now I'm hungry..! You find and make the most wonderful dishes. I wish I could be a good cook, but naw. :)

Super Bowl on Sunday, right? I'll root for your team for ya. :)