Thursday, January 26, 2023

New To You Make Along 2023

 I realize most of my followers are not knitters...
but I feel most people can appreciate the art of making something, especially with yarn or fiber.
I knit, a lot, every day...usually in the evening.
I am not a fast knitter, I don't often branch out to learn new things...
I usually stick to what I know and can make easily, so I thoroughly enjoy the process.
Having MS,
 I have memory issues and have a lot of trouble following difficult patterns,
learning new stitches and then remembering them.
I have made a lot of hats, scarves and cowls, baby blankets and dish cloths 
most of what I make I gift to others.


My knitting crew sponsors a "New To You" make along each year 
and of course I wanted to participate and support my girls.

This is my "New To You"
I'm not sure it really qualifies as "new" 
but Leanne said it does as I have never made a large blanket before.

I recently made this hat,
The Violet Beanie 
knitted with Alpaca yarn.
I started this hat on January 15th and finished it within a week.
That's quick for me, some of my knitting friends could knit something like this in a day or two.

Since it was such a quick knit and the pattern was easy to follow...
and I have a ton of yarn, I started another.


I stopped at the farm to borrow a knitting needle for the blanket from Leanne.

Look who I ran into...Sasquatch!
Liz and Leanne's dad Don moves him around on the farm.
I've heard talk about it and was so happy I got to see him!

9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
It is always nice to learn something new. Your blanket will be lovely. I like the hat is cute and a pretty color. It is funny Sasquatch is sighted moving around the farm. Take care, have a great day!

Marie Smith said...

Love seeing your knitting projects, Debbie. You do beautiful work!

Sasquatch is quite something! Lol.

Changes in the wind said...

You do beautiful work and of course the yarn is gorgeous.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Debbie!
Your knitting works are beautiful and always very carefully made.
Hugs and greetings:)

Conniecrafter said...

It is always fun to do a project with other people, I am doing a junk journal this month were we do a page idea together every day.
I agree with Leanne, if you have never made a big blanket before it is new to you for sure. Your hat is so neat, love all the different layers of stitching.
I am the same way, it is hard for me to learn knew things, and if I don't constantly do them then they fall right back out of my head.
We have a full statue of Sasquatch less then a mile up the road in front of a home decor business, they dress him up with different gear throughout the year, LOL!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

I have a sister that knits and gave Barb a hat. It is one of her favorites!

BeachGypsy said...

I can't knit but I sure love seeing your beautiful creations Debbie! Anyone would be lucky indeed to receive one your hats scarves etc!

Rian said...

Debbie, I haven't knitted in a while, but I like the simple blanket pattern and may try doing it myself. Would love to join a knitting group and learn more, but not quite ready to meet with people inside yet. Maybe by the summer (and still wear my mask).

Lowcarb team member said...

I'm not a knitter but I always enjoy seeing what you, and other blogger friends make :)

LOL! Pleased you shared the photograph of Sasquatch!

All the best Jan