Thursday, January 12, 2023

Christmas Crack

Have you ever made Christmas Crack?
Only a few ingredients, simple to make and very delicious.
With just 4 ingredients it is crispy, chocolatey and highly addictive.

Ingredients
1 cup of butter, salted or unsalted, I used salted
1 cup of brown sugar, light or dark, I used light
40 saltine crackers (1 sleeve) 
1 package of milk chocolate chips

- Plus whatever toppings you like -

Be sure to spray your foil with Pam before adding your crackers.
Spray it well!

 
I mixed it up, using Salinees, Ritz and Pretzels, you can just use your imagination here.

Melt brown sugar and butter...

you are making caramel, make sure it comes to a rolling boil.
Cook it for exactly 5 minutes, stirring the entire time, some recipes say not to stir it,
I stir it the entire time.

Quickly spread it over the crackers and pretzels.
Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.

Remove from the oven,
immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips, 
wait about 2 minutes, when they become warm and shiney, spread with a knife.

Add whatever toppings you like...and if you NEED to taste it because you are unable to wait,
break off a corner like I did here.
Pretzels, so yummy!
The hubs liked the pretzels the best!

I used nuts, nonpareils and sanding sugar, spreading it in seperate sections.

Break it up and it will look like this.
I store mine in an airtight container in the refrigerator. 

9 comments:

Rian said...

Debbie, I do make that... but a little differently and with graham crackers. However, I like the pretzel idea and may try adding that next time. It is good!

Debbie said...

rian...i have used graham crackers as well, delicious!! i think you could use almost anything, i thought club crackers would be good too!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Thanks for sharing this idea and recipe.

Enjoy your January days.

All the best Jan

DrumMajor said...

Gosh, I was worried about illegal drugs when I read the heading. Whew! Ok, this is a legal snack. I haven't heard of sanding sugar either; sounds like something for a woodworking project. All of it sounds tasty! Linda in Kansas

The Furry Gnome said...

I'll take a sheet of the chocolate please!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
What a yummy treat, it sounds very easy to make.
Thanks for sharing. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!

Dicky Bird said...

I've seen it on pinterest and now here, but never tried it. Looks delicious and easy to make. Win/win.

Marie Smith said...

I looked this recipe up two days ago. Your description and photos are perfect!

Conniecrafter said...

I have never made this before but it sure does look interesting.