Friday, January 13, 2023

Home Chef

 Signing up for the Home Chef meal subscription was one of the best decisions I made.
I did a little investigative work and it looks like I subscribed to this meal plan in January of 2018.
It is just the two of us here, I really enjoy cooking
and this has brought new ideas to the dinner table many nights for us.
There are so many choices, plenty of protein and fishes, they offer salmon and shrimp every week.
In the last year or more, they have added breakfast items, 
soup, bagged salad, snacks, appetizers and deserts.

I clean out the refrigerator on Monday, when the shelves are almost empty,
I love how it looks after my delivery on Tuesday.

This is a wonderful plan...

everything is premeasured, the ingredients for each meal come in a separate bag...

the meats are vacuum sealed and a recipe card is included.
Most meals take about 30 minutes to prepare and that is the perfect amount of time for me.
Each meals feeds 2 people and costs $ 20.00.
Shipping was free for many years, they just recently started charging for shipping.

Classic Chicken Piccata
with Penne Pasta and Lemon Caper Butter Sauce

Pulled Pork Gyros with Dill Crema and Feta - 2 each.
I added the crispy fried potatoes with onions.

Chicken with Blue Cheese Butter
with Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Roasted String Beans

Sirloin Steak with Fingerling Potatoes halved and cooked in the oven

Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato with Sausage and Spinach, and Cavatappi Pasta

Sweet and Sour Meatballs with Rice and Cole Slaw

Chicken Breast with White Wine Cherry Sauce Wild Rice with Goat Cheese and Brussels Sprouts

Chicken Breast with Pecan-Sage Crema and Honey Roasted Brussel Sprouts

Brown Sugar Pecan Chicken with Butternut Squash & Rice
This was really good and I LOVED the sauce!

Orange Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Butter Lettuce & Roasted Peanuts
We each got three wraps, I added the French Fries
These were awesome!

Classic Brown Sugar Glazed Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes & Brussel Sprouts

I prepared this meal as a cost comparison, you can read the details here.
I added this after I read the first comment.

- cooking with love provides food for the soul -

11 comments:

Sandi said...

This looks like a time saver! I wonder if you actually save money, even though this costs a bit, because you are not running out to the store to get just one more ingredient-- and a bag of chips! 😃

Ok, and I have to say-- How adorable is that decoratively cup-shaped rice??

Susan Zarzycki said...

Thank you Debbie for this review and delectable looking presentation! I have been wondering for sometime now about the pros and cons of subscribing to a food service. My hesitation is that I won't feel in the mood to cook every day and the unprepared meals will pile up in the frig. I don't like to cook so our meals are a mixture of eating out, me making a large cassero!e or hotpot meal and leftovers. It does sound unappetizing even as I write this. I do like a good meal so I guess I should try to make some changes if not for myself then for my hubby. He loves food.💖

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
All the meals looks delicious! I like your last meal too, yum
It is convenient for a busy person, I like cooking. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!

Marie Smith said...

Having everything at hand is a huge bonus. These meals look so good.

The Furry Gnome said...

All those meals look delicious!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

We have never tried meals like that but they certainly look good!

Dicky Bird said...

WOW, no kidding! Your food looks amazing! I was considering joining a food community as well. Now, I'll have to look into it more. Thanks for sharing.

Rian said...

Debbie, everything looks amazing. But I don't want someone else to decide what I feel like cooking that day... or not cook (even though I made the choice when I ordered). Sometimes I know in the morning what we will have that evening, other times I won't know until the last minute. I know the meals are delicious and easy, and they look amazing - just wouldn't work for me. But love the pics!

Lowcarb team member said...

All of the meals looks delicious.
Keep enjoying them :)

Wishing you a happy weekend.

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

that would be nice to have all the ingredients but I am a picky eater, I have a feeling I wouldn't find enough meals that I would like.

Ruth S said...

You don’t have to eat out any more!