Wednesday, January 11, 2023

What's Going On...

 Life has been pretty "wintery" around here...
so far, we have been doing all of the things we normally do during winter.
The Christmas decorations have been packed away, and we have been cleaning, cleaning, cleaning.
The house is pristine.
Now it is time to clean out and update all of our home and work files, that is a job,
done every year at this time, we share that chore.
I'm not to sure about actual "hibernation" I have a lot of small projects I would like to get done.
Mostly cleaning and organizing.
This way, when spring comes I am ready to be outdoors, enjoying the weather.


My Kansas City Chiefs are doing really well, Patrick Mahomes is a great quarterback and leader,
and I really enjoy watching the entire team play.
They won on Saturday 31 - 13 in their regular season finale to clinch the conference's top seed.
This means a bye next week and home field advantage throughout the postseason.


I am pretty sure I mentioned that I joined a book club AND got a library card.
I have been so excited about this...
We are three books in, the first book I did not like, the second book my library did not have 
and the third book "The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo" I am reading right now and really enjoying.
I had to buy this in paperback from Amazon, none of the libraries in my area had it.
That's a good sign, right...they carried it but they were all checked out!
It is not a true story but it is reminding me of the life and times of Elizabeth Taylor.
And isn't that bookmark adorable?

I finished my latest knitting project it just needs to be blocked.
I am not sure what I want to make next.

I ordered some watercolor paints, paper and brushes.
I have never painted with watercolors so I am excited to get started. 

I wrote a new Bucket List, 
the last one had a lot of Christmas items on it...
we have enjoyed way more than half of those listed so when I found this one on Pinterest 
I wrote in a few fun things that I want to do this winter.
Hopefully, we get snow!

7 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Winter is the perfect time for crock pot meals. They will be on our menu over the next two months as well. You are nesting these days by the sound of it. So am I…and the books are in a stack waiting…

R's Rue said...

So excited for you and reading new books.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Rian said...

I just bought the ingredients for African chicken peanut soup - which we all love and make every winter. It's easy, fast, and really good - not a crockpot meal, but made entirely on top of stove (or Aga in my case). And let me know how the watercoloring does. I love watercolors... and have played around with them some, but not a lot. And you are so much more organized than I. I have put Christmas away, but yet to clean and organize for 2023.

Lowcarb team member said...

I think the winter months are perfect for warming soups, casseroles and crock pot meals :)

I looked back on your last post and saw that 'TexWisGirl' had left a comment ... that was lovely to see, if she should be reading this I send my good wishes.

All the best Jan

DeniseinVA said...

I always enjoy going through your photos. I miss getting out and about and look forward to the warmer weather. You seem to have a lot of things to keep you busy. I am taking notes :) Thanks Debbie!

Conniecrafter said...

I finely took down my Christmas decorations today, it was beautiful outside so I had most of them taken care of by the time Greg got home from work, just had to wait for him to do the ladder stuff.
Nice you are enjoying this book, I have not been reading in the past few years, well other than the bible and devotion books. Love that bookmark though, and your lovely shawl, that is a shawl right?
I do hope you will share your watercolor projects, I have seen some girls do some beautiful stuff in my group.
Hope it snows for you so you can do some of the things on the list.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We have not had any snow this winter, yet. I hope you are able to make a snowman and knock off more things on your bucket list. . I love reading, usually mysteries and detective series are my favorites. I am always looking for new recipes for a crock pot meal. Take care, enjoy your day!