Saturday, January 21, 2023

Saturday Critters #475

 I was trying to work but was distracted by the birds at my office window.
They eat from the feeders that are attached to the outside glass.
I grabbed my camera and decided to spend a little time with them as they devoured the seeds I provide.
They count on these offerings, especially during the winter, the hubs helps me keep the feeders full.
They also need water which is just as important to them.
I try to keep the bird bath full as well, during the winter, they drink from it.

White Breasted Nuthatch

Red Breasted Nuthatch

Wearing dark black caps, these are both males...females look similar, their colors more muted.
They have compact, plump bodies and slender, pointed bills,
I only see the beautiful Red Breasted Nuthatch during the winter,
I see the White Breasted year round.

Black Capped Chickadee
A regular visitor to my feeders, males and females are similar.
I see the Chickadee year round.

Male Cardinal
It is easy to distinguish males from females, I see Cardinals here year round.

Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
for Saturday Critters

16 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I saw the White breasted nuthatch for the first time this week on the boardwalk. Such a treat. It was hanging out by a feeder. Your photo is much better than mine.

Conniecrafter said...

Always enjoy your beautiful bird pictures, I felt bad the other day because the water I put out for them was frozen, the starlings are back here and they keep chasing all my other birds away and they make such a loud sound when they all come, my suet goes pretty quick with them around, hoping they move on soon.

BeachGypsy said...

You know I love your bird pictures Debbie! I also enjoyed seeing all your blog books on the previous post--- those are so cool! So neat how you have collected so many over the years

DeniseinVA said...

Fabulous photos Debbie! I would have a hard time concentrating on my work also :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Wonderful photos Debbie. The Red-breasted Nuthatch is a cutie, I do not always see them in the winter. I think they skip some years. All your photos and birds are beautiful. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The backgrounds make your photos look like Christmas cards! Enjoy your weekend my friend! It's not cold here today but cloudy and dull. Lots of Goldfinches in the feeders though. Wish you were here with me to enjoy watching the birds.

RedPat said...

Once again your shots are amazing. Those birds are lucky to have you keeping them well fed and watered.

The Furry Gnome said...

Always love your bird shots, so clear!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Those are all in my top 5 favorite songbirds. Awesome pictures!

Shiju Sugunan said...

These shots are stunningly beautiful!

https://craniumbolts.blogspot.com/2023/01/the-saul-kere-series.html

Brian King said...

Fantastic! I've said it before, but you have a great natural studio setting!

Changes in the wind said...

Wonderful pictures and so glad you take care of the birds.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie :=) Oh WQW1! Stunningly beautiful captures of these beautiful birds. I wish I could see them here in Portugal. I only started blogging again yesterday , so it's taken me a while to get here, but I loved my visit.

Bonnie K said...

I get such a kick out of the white -breasted nuthatches. I love it when they try to look big.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your birds are so beautiful.
Wonderful photographs.

All the best Jan

Adam Jones said...

I really like both your varieties of Nuthatch. Always nice birds to watch crawling their way up and down the trees.