Thursday, January 19, 2023

Cream Of Potato Soup...

let's make it...
it's super simple and I guarantee you will love it.
It's perfect for any day, but a cold winter day works best!

~ Ingredients ~

~ Recipe ~

Fry 6 strips of bacon in your favorite soup pot.

Remove bacon to paper towel lined plate and 
saute' one large diced sweet onion in some or all of the bacon grease,
depending on how much you get, just eyeball it.

Dice 5 or so potatoes like this, enough to make 4 cups.

Add potatoes to onion and enough water to just cover the potatoes.

Once the water begins to boil, cook for 7 minutes.

Add cream of mushroom soup, cream of celery soup and a pint of heavy cream.
The recipe calls for milk but I like the cream better.
Warm through.

Serve topped with crumbled bacon and we like scallions, for color and taste.
Enjoy!

12 comments:

Dicky Bird said...

OOOhhh looks yummy!

Leanne Coppola said...

YUM! I know what I'm making this weekend!

Linda said...

We love potato soup and this recipe is different from how I usually make ours. I think we will LOVE this one for a change! Thank you!

Your writing is so pretty!!!

Marie Smith said...

I have a similar recipe. We love it too. We had it recently and it was a perfect soup for a winter’s day.

Sandi said...

😳 YUM!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The cream would definitely make is better! What a great recipe! I've been making broccoli cheese soup but adding some potatoes and we like it better...not so strong a flavor!

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks so good and perfect for cold winter days :)

All the best Jan

Jean said...

Oh my, that looks absolutely delicious - especially on a rainy night like tonight!!! Hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

I have never had this it, sounds interesting, will have to ask Greg what he thinks :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
Your soup looks and sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Take care, have a happy weekend!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I never thought to use the cream soups! Adding to grocery list!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Debbie, your soup looks very appetizing. I make a similar one, but I have never added mushroom and celery soup.
Hugs and greetings.