Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Make An Ornament

 It was on the Bucket List this year...left side, fourth from the bottom.

This is an early on picture of the Bucket List, I don't have one at the end, with all the "X"'s.

My dear friend Liz bought me this kit in Rhinebeck...
I was not able to take our annual Rhinebeck girls trip this year because it was right after the car accident.
Liz knows I love kit's like these and I am sure she searched for it knowing that.
I had never worked with this medium before,
hand dyed wools, ironed and fused with interfacing, 
the fabric is all ready to be cut with the patterns provided.
All that is needed after that is some embroidery floss and a steam iron.

I made the Snowman first.



It all went together very easily, and was extremely fun to make.
At first, I wasn't sure about the colors, but once I finished it up...


I loved it!
I gifted this one to my friend Leanne!

I also made the Santa...I like the Snowman better.
I may just use the fabrics I have left to make another Snowman.

I found these adorable boxes in the Dollar Store,
the ornaments fit perfectly in them.

This kit was the perfect choice for me, many thanks Liz, 
I have really enjoyed these and so appreciate that you thought of me.
You are one of the kindest people I know.

10 comments:

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Awesome ornaments, you could go into business and make millions!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like both of the ornaments, they are cute.
Take care, have a great day!

Marie Smith said...

Beautiful ornaments, Debbie. You are so crafty…in a great way!

Thank you for the kind comment about Georgie. My husband and I speak of her every day.

Leanne Coppola said...

And I LOVE my snowman! It lived on my Christmas tree and now it hangs by my desk :)

DrumMajor said...

You are really talented and patient. I would give up after 5 minutes. Linda in Kansas

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

They are so cute and its so neat that your friend knows you so well~ ...You are good at whatever you set your mind to Debbie! The directions look scary to me (I am *not* crafty at all.)

Lowcarb team member said...

They both look great ...

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I just love that first snowman, but I do have a thing for snowmen :) but I would say the Santa is pretty neat too, you did a great job on them, that was so sweet of her to pick up a set since you couldn't be there.

Changes in the wind said...

They both are really cute, good job.

Dicky Bird said...

Cute!