Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Snail Mail...Don't You Love It

 I have loved snail mail since I was a very young girl.
I wrote about sending away for spoons at a young age here in this post...

I have started to feel that excitement once again, when receiving my recent order from 

- and now with my order from twig & horn -
Leanne suggested I order the brown item in the center a "wraps per inch" tool,
that will help me to measure the thickness of yarn, therefore identifying the type of yarn it is.
All patterns I use call for a certain "type/thickness" of yarn.
They don't say "text Leanne and ask her if this yarn will be suitable for this pattern"
This item should help me to be a more independent knitter.
Now,
 I will have to find different excuses to text Leanne.
I ordered 2 stickers just because they were so adorable,
 and that tiny jar of stitch markers for their cuteness factor...can you handle how cute they are?
Problem is, I am not sure I will ever be able to take them out of that sweet little jar,
the tiny jar is just too adorable!

My cowl is washed and blocked and I could not love it more.
My favorite section is the bottom, the snowflakes.
It is the Northwind Cowl
Knitted with Berroco Vintage Yarn
Machine washable, 52% Acrylic, 40% Wool and 8% Nylon
Even though it is machine washable, I would definitely hand wash this item.

And as is true to my character, I started another one while the pattern is fresh in my mind,
and I totally understand it.
Same yarn, this is a pretty light purple.

- any questions asked while I'm counting stitches, will be answered with louder counting -

14 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Louder counting...I so get that! I used to do cross stitch! lol LOVE that pretty lavender color and all of the little things you got in your order. I am working on a junk journal right now and putting in little things here and there to make it interesting. Hugs!

Leanne Coppola said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!! I was taking a sip of coffee and almost spit it out with laugher when I read the line "They don't say "text Leanne and ask her if this yarn will be suitable for this pattern" hahahah!!!!!!!!! Love you. You can still text me and ask. But I do think that little tool will help. The cow is gorgeous. I think I need to knit one for my mom's birthday in March. I think she would love it.

Debbie said...

you would be able to knit this in a few days, it is so easy but comes out so beautiful. you could talk, watch tv or even get drunk and you would be fine!! hahahaha, jk!!!!!

Bev said...

Debbie... I LOVE your love for the simple things... and I love snail mail too... I always try to send the younger grands little parcels a couple times a year!

Black Knight said...

I love snail mail, I remember when, an age ago, my son (now 42 y.o.) wrote and received letters from his pen pals in USA.

Marie Smith said...

Great job. Love that new colour!

Kim said...

I too, love snail mail, excepting of course when it is bills. =) Your cowl is beautiful, and yes, those snowflakes are lovely.

Ruth Hiebert said...

You do such amazing work.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Your cowl is gorgeous - so many intricate stitches! I had to laugh at the 'counting louder'. I need to remember that one. Snail mail is the best. The gauge card is wonderful and love the little jar of stitch savers. Cute stickers, too. I need to check out that website! Hope you have a lovely week. Hugs xo K

Bonnie K said...

I still try to send snail mail. Especially to my brother. I have gotten a bit negligent. Maybe I'll send the nieces and nephew a letter this weekend. Your cowl is amazing. The snowflakes are perfect. Great job.

Conniecrafter said...

Your cowl looks terrific, and like the color of the new one you are making. I think I too would just wash by hand.
I did not know they had a little tool like that to measure yarn, very clever.
I had to laugh at the last quote that is so me :)

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the colour of the new cowl you are knitting.

All the best Jan

LeAnn said...

Your Cowl looks amazing! I always love seeing your finished project. I really love the beautiful color of your next one. Thanks for sharing this talent!!
Big Hugs for you!

Lisa said...

Those are cute stickers. I love your comment any questions asked while counting will be answered with louder counting. LOL! Too funny.