Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Living A Quiet And Ordinary Life

Good morning friends...
Focusing today on my quiet and ordinary life, I find my days to be quite fulfilling. 
Keeping my center of attention on the small, colorful parts of my days brings me great joy.

This is another post of random, routine, day to day activities...  

Home Chef
my meal delivery subscription is now offering breakfast options and their 
Belgian Waffles are amazing.
- AMAZING -
These waffles are cooked in the oven, they are crisp on the outside and thick and very fluffy inside.
"Would you like a little waffle with that butter and syrup?".
I had to be careful it did not float away.

This is my current coloring piece, it is almost done.

Our local theater has two shows coming up that I  really want to see,
Cinderella and Mary Poppins
I can not even express in words how happy I am to see these live performances.
We have gone to shows here before and they are always amazing.
Cinderella is in April and I hope by then, wearing a mask, I will feel comfortable in a theater.
Mary Poppins is July 28th, surely by then I will feel safe in a theater.

Now that I have joined the Yarn Club,
each month I will receive a skien of yarn, this is January's.
The Yarn Club is hosted by Leanne and Liz from Arrow Acres Farm, 
I also received a pretty purple stitch marker.
The yarn was hand dyed by Liz, she picked this one for me and she nailed it!

On Thursday, the Yarn Club hosted a knit along on zoom, it was super fun.
I am trying to get use to these, 
everyone always seems a little more interesting and much more knowledgable than I.

We had a sprinkling of snow on Sunday.
It was so pretty to watch and it did not accumulate so no clean-up was required.

And speaking of Sunday, did you watch the Super Bowl?

This was my favorite part!
It was nice however to watch two equally talented teams play the game and for it to be a close game.

I really love our weatherman, he is so funny.
Our weather has been all over the place, having days in the 60's, then the next day a high of 20.
My weather man calls that "weather whiplash"...
perhaps you have heard that before, but I never have.
When it's going to be extremely cold, he calls for a "cuddle alert", he cracks me up!

I made a huge pot of Potato Soup for the "cuddle alert" on Sunday.
Topped with crumpled bacon and crispy onions it was delicious.
I used baking potatoes because that was all I had in the house, what a difference that made.
I usually use red bliss potatoes, and I will never use baking potatoes again.
Although the soup was good, it is so much better with Red Bliss potatoes.

We went for a walk in the snow on Sunday,
and were able to cross that off the Bucket List.
I need to make a snow angel and visit 
Smithville,
and we can call it a wrap.

- write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year -

15 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
It is fun to complete and check off items on your winter list. Your soup looks delicious, I have never tried potato soup. My hubby loves potatoes, I think he would enjoy this soup. We had a little more snow too, it did melt on the street and laid on the grass. Weather whiplash, that is a perfect description for our weather too. Take care, enjoy your day!

Changes in the wind said...

All your food looks delicious and love the color of the yarn.

Rian said...

Your waffles do look amazing. If I wasn't on Gluten Free, I would be tempted. And we like potato soup also, but have never heard of Red Bliss potatoes. I imagine they are just a brand of red potato? DH always gets the loaded potato soup when we have lunch at La Madeleine's... which we haven't done in ages. Love all your entries. Good to keep yourself busy and uplifted!

Black Knight said...

Quiet and ordinary life, what else? Getting older I appreciate always more this kind of life.
I love potatoes.
I remember how many waffles I ate when I used to go to Brussels for work.

The Padre said...

Perfect - Throughly Enjoyed This Post - Well Done My Friend

Cheers

Susan Zarzycki said...

Your blog post gave off vibes of Serenity and contentment. I try to accomplish that also in my daily life. I have recently taken up knitting and so I latched onto that skein of yarn like a dog with a new bone. Your knitting club sounds great.I have joined the Mystery Club from Toad Hollow on YouTube. My first month arrived and it was a luscious purple, hand dyed like yours. I like their vlog, they live on Long Beach Island. Their motto is "Go forth and create", 💖

Ruth Hiebert said...

Ok, that waffle is calling my name. I can almost taste it's sweet goodness.

Marie Smith said...

You make it sound easy to enjoy life. You take pleasure in the simple things, which is a huge part of happiness!

DrumMajor said...

You and my DiL must put syrup in each and every square of a waffle. How cute. Butter flavored syrup will save you a step. Linda in Kansas

The Furry Gnome said...

My ordinary life would have differennt photos than yours, but my days are also fulfilling.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness that waffle looks delicious, I haven't had one of those in years.
Like your little birdies with all those flowers :)
She made you some pretty yarn just for you, do you get ideas on what to do with it too?
It is so fun to do the zoom isn't it, you can learn new things from the others :)
Our snow hasn't melted yet but we are now getting a lot of rain so I think that will knock most of it out but then tomorrow we are getting more snow as it gets colder throughout the day. You have done a great job of knocking out that list.
I only watched some of the game, my daughter ended up calling and we talked for 2 hours, so I missed quite a bit, but it was so worth it :)

Debbie said...

hehehe...perhaps we should invent that!!

LeAnn said...

I love that your bucket list is almost completed. You are amazing at finding fun things to do. I would not say for a minute that you live an ordinary life. I love following your adventures.
that waffle looks beyond yummy. The yarn is a perfect pick for the purple part. It think it is fun that you have a zoom moment and I know how you feel. I have a study group that is way above my head most of the time.
I had to read your weatherman thoughts to my hubby. Our weather has been just like yours; warm one day and then cold the next. We got a skiff of snow yesterday. Now it's back warmer. The weathermen seldom get it right any more. We might should use the Farmer's Almanac
Your soup looked delicious. We didn't watch the game until on Monday. My husband wouldn't have watched it at all if he had known the final score. Anyway, it was a good game.
Sending hugs!

Lisa said...

I bet the zoom call with the yarn group is fun. It is wonderful doing them for my card groups to see what everyone is working on and the new tools they are using. I did not watch the super bowl. It has been a few years since I have watched a game. And that soup looks great!

Lowcarb team member said...

I often enjoy ordinary days ...

All the best Jan