Saturday, February 5, 2022

Saturday's Critters #425

We are experiencing a lot of rain and fog here at the Jersey Shore.
I took a few pictures of the birds in my yard earlier this week and posted them here.

Since I do not have any new pictures and I have not been out, 
I decided to go through saved pictures on my computer and share those today.

I keep them in folders, in alphabetical order, 
by the time I got to the letter "D" I felt I had shared enough for today.
Some folders had as many as 100 pictures in them, 
here are some favorites...

Blue Bird

Blue Jay

Boat Grackle

Cardinal - Female

Cardinal - Male

Carolina Wren

Catbird

Chickadee

Common Grackle

Dove

Most of these pictures were taken in my backyard, but not all.

- there is freedom waiting for you on the breezes of the sky, "what if I fall...but what if you fly?" -

Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
for Saturday Critters

17 comments:

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie, What a great selection of superb images, I'm getting to know some of your American birds, but don't recognise a few here, such as the Boat Grackle, and the Common Grackle, very different in appearance, but both attractive birds.
Have a happy weekend.

Lisa said...

Great collection of bird images you shared.

Marie Smith said...

Such beauties, perfectly captured. The fourth photo would make a great cover of a seasonal card.

We had 36 hours of heavy snowfall. Ugh!

Conniecrafter said...

You sound like Greg and all his photos :) These are just fantastic, I love all the different ones you have here and I was going to mention my favorite but every time I look back through them I find another that I think I like more so I will just say they are all favorites!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh I love that last quote! And your birds are very pretty. I hope the sun comes out and the weather improves. We have clouds with the sun trying to peek out! Hugs!

Yvonne said...

I've never heard of a Boat-tailed Grackle, so had to look up that one. Very beautiful photos you have posted.

RedPat said...

I always look forward to seeing your shots. The weather here has been really cold and snowy here so it is hard to get out and about.

Black Knight said...

Very beautiful birds. Thanks for sharing the photos.
In these latest days a couple of blackbirds come often to visit us but I don't succeed in taking some pictures! I will try again.

Rian said...

"what if I fall...but what if you fly?" - another one of my favorite quotes! And your pics are beautiful!

The Furry Gnome said...

Wonderful!

LeAnn said...

Beautiful bird photos today. I think your files should be made into a book. I love the Blue Jay and Blue Bird because I love the color blue. I really like the Cardinals; red is a great color too. I think the last one of the Dove is adorable. Of course, I love them all.
Blessings and hugs!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Each of these pictures are lovely.

21 Wits said...

It sounds like you too are having quite the interesting winter, seems everyone is getting hit with so much this year. But your photos are lovely, the backgrounds and the critters all are such a delight to see. thank you.

Linda said...

Fine pictures from the first part of the alphabet.

Shiju Sugunan said...

These are all stunning pictures of so many beautiful birds.

Brian King said...

Fantastic! The wrens make me laugh. Gorgeous catbird! I wish they were more common at our place.

Lowcarb team member said...

I enjoyed seeing these photographs, they are beautiful birds.

All the best Jan