Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Random Fun Things...

 Good Morning friends, I have just a few fun things to share...
I have not been spending much time at the window with camera in hand, but I did capture this 

Male Cardinal
as he sat in the tree and waited for his turn at the feeder.

I finished my latest coloring project, two Bluebirds in a wheelbarrow. 
This picture came from a book my friend Liz bought me last year and I really love it.
Splash of Color

Speaking of Liz, she got me started on the game Wordle, 
is anyone else playing?
Wordle is a free game in which you have six chances to guess a five letter word.
There is one word per day and everyone has the same word.
Each time you guess a word, the letters turn green, yellow or gray to indicate if it is a correct letter, 
or in the correct spot.
I have never played a game on my phone, this one is great.

I ordered this book...

Adventures From Scratch
I am just getting in to the book, I'll let you know more about it as I scan through the pages.

I watched an excellent documentary...

Downfall
The Case Against Boeing
This Documentary reveals how Boeing's alleged priority of profit over safety could have 
contributed to two catastrophic crashes within months of each other.
Watch it on Netflix if you subscribe, or it can also be downloaded and viewed on-line.

It is suppose to be a very warm day in New Jersey today, we have a picnic planned!

16 comments:

Marie Smith said...

A picnic! I am so envious. We look to be months away from our first for this year. Enjoy! Take lots of photos! I’ll be thinking about you out there!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie, :=) Your capture of the male Cardinal is beautiful, such a crisp image. I keep hearing about the game Wordle, and since I love word games, am going to find out about it, it seems like fun.

Changes in the wind said...

Beautiful cardinal and a perfect book for you!!!

R's Rue said...

I love Wordle. Enjoy your picnic.

Angie said...

Debbie - I miss Cardinals. I have not played Wordle - but I love word games, so maybe I will try it. Your Adventures from Scratch book seems interesting and I look forward to hearing more about it. I made a note about the Boeing documentary - the company I worked for before retirement made many parts for their aircraft and still does. Enjoy your picnic - it's currently minus 6 in Montana!

Conniecrafter said...

I have not tried the Wordle but I see it all the time from my friends on Facebook, I couldn't figure out what you are supposed to do. That book looks like something you could use with your list making of trying new things, yes you will have to let us know what you think of it :) Enjoy your warm weather, we are getting snow right now and it is 19 degrees, YUCK!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
Beautiful capture of the Cardinal. I have not played Wordle yet, maybe some day. I think you picked a good day for a picnic.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Linda said...

I always LOVE your photos from the window!!
That book is perfect for you! I play Words With Friends.....the librarian at the book fair told me about Wordle.
Enjoy your picnic! It is another Arctic freeze here in Texas today!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your Cardinal shot is spectacular .

The Furry Gnome said...

A picnic? It's only February!

Bev said...

Interesting.... I was browsing through Netflix's last night and saw that....life has been so negative with all that is going on in this world.... we had to find something "Happy"....:))) Funny sometime hopefully soon we'll have lots to watch HAHA!

Brian King said...

Red boy is very handsome!

DeniseinVA said...

Love the randoms! That cardinal is incredible! Thanks for the link.

Lowcarb team member said...

A picnic sounds brilliant :)

Wordle is getting very popular, but I still haven't tried it.

All the best Jan

Lisa said...

Hello Mr. Cardinal. Your coloring page turned out great. Yes I love playing wordle. DH and I play and send each other our results but not before checking if the other is done because we both have a key word we start with, and it gives away details if any of those letters hit. LOL!

LeAnn said...

Oh, a picnic sounds so fun.
The photo of the Cardinal is stunning. They are such beautiful birds. I do like your coloring book. I need to find time for something like this. It would be relaxing.
Wordle sounds like a fun game; I will check it out. I do daily quizzes on my phone and I have found out that my brain is better than I thought. Do give more thoughts on your new book; "Adventures from Scratch"; it sounds interesting.
The case against Boeing sounds sad. I think it is always based on shortcuts to save money.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs!