Tuesday, February 1, 2022

After The Storm

 I had a typical morning yesterday, I wanted to go outside to take pictures but the air was frigid,
and all of the walking surfaces were covered with ice.

The snow is blowing about, 
our river is frozen and the wind chill temperatures are at or below zero.

The sun has made an appearance and the sky has become a beautiful shade of blue. 


I quickly snapped a few images and decided 
it was better to enjoy it from inside by the office window.

My feathered friends came to keep me company...
they enjoy the abundance of food we have placed out for them.
They have become comfortable with me again, 
perching on the branches when they are aware of my presence. 
They bring me joy and I am so happy to feed them when finding food is difficult for them.

Tufted Titmouse

Black Capped Chickadee

Female House Finch

Male House Finch

Tufted Titmouse

- feed the birds in winter, in return, they will feed your soul with the look of gratitude -

15 comments:

Rajani Rehana said...

Awesome pictures

Marie Smith said...

We haven’t been out much here, Debbie. It’s been bitterly cold and stormy in between. I know how you love snow. It would be great if it warmed up a bit and you could enjoy the snow before it melted. The birds are feathered beauties for sure!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful photos.

Changes in the wind said...

Burr too cold to stay outside and the birds are so pretty.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Blue skies and happy birdies. It doesn’t get much better than that.

eileeninmd said...

Love the pretty birds and your snowy scenes.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Conniecrafter said...

yes you have to be careful in that icey mess, we are getting a few hours of icy mess before it changes over to snow, at least that is what they are predicting, so won't be going out for awhile.
So nice of the birds to stop by for some pictures, that titmouse is my favorite :)

Rian said...

Your pictures are wonderful... and you certainly got some wonderful shots before retreating inside. Do be careful out there, it's so easy to slip and fall. And thanks for feeding the birds!

The Furry Gnome said...

You've got nice winter weather there, and excellent bird pix as always.

Linda said...

I'm filling our feeders tomorrow before the frigid cold arives later this week. We have a blacl capped chickadee at one of the bird houses here! I just love them!

DeniseinVA said...

Your photos of the birds are so sharp and clear Debbie, they make my heart happy :) and your snow photos are gorgeous!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I was thinking about saying something about how the birds are repaying you for the food you provide but your last sentence says it a million times more beautifully. A lovely post.

Brian King said...

Beautiful photos! You have to love fresh snow for photography.

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful photographs of your feathered friends ...

All the best Jan

LeAnn said...

The winter photos are awesome. We have frigid temperatures right now; our small amount of snow is slowly going a way. I do love the birds. I thing your feathered friends are so adorable. I'm happy they come to visit you and find food. You are such a great nature lover.
Blessings and hugs!