Thursday, February 17, 2022

The 1906

 We took a trip to Longwood Garden this past Saturday and had brunch at the
1906 Restaurant
This restaurant is so amazing...

I adore a restaurant that knows how to welcome you.

The Brunch Menu

Pretty Table Accent


This bread, cooked in the clay flower pot is offered warm,
served with soft butter, garnished with sea salt, my favorite.


I had Cream of Mushroom Soup to start, it was delicious. 

For my meal, the Short Rib Hash served with Potato Hash, 
Poached Eggs and Hollandaise Sauce
The short ribs look burnt but they weren't, they were seared with a glaze,
they were amazing, everything was.

The hubs had a Hamburger that was cooked perfectly, served with very hot French Fries.

I will share pictures of the gardens tomorrow, they were spectacular!

- one cannot live, love, or sleep well...if one has not dined well -

12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The food all looks delicious. I like how the bread is served in the cute pots. Take care, enjoy your day!

Marie Smith said...

That bread looks delicious. Such a unique way to serve it too. Lucky you!

Changes in the wind said...

Oh my what a treat to eat there! I was sold from the napkin:)

Bev said...

Oh WOW...yummy

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh wow! Looks wonderful .

The Furry Gnome said...

Got out to lunch myself today, though not at as fancy a place!

Conniecrafter said...

They do have a way with their presentation don't they.

LeAnn said...

You are really so cute; I loved this post. It does look like a lovely place to dine. I was sold on the bread and butter. The meals looked delicious. I can see my husband ordering the same as yours.
Blessings and hugs!

Angie said...

Oh Debbie, I am so impressed by every aspect of this restaurant. I am especially enamored with the bread in the clay pots! Enjoy your weekend!

Lisa said...

Oh my that place looks amazing and the food looks so tasty. I love that they bake the bread in flowerpots. What fun!

Brian King said...

Wow, that looks so good!

Lowcarb team member said...

The food looks and sounds delicious :)

All the best Jan