Tuesday, February 22, 2022

January's Recipe

 Is it February already? 
oh man, we are two weeks in to February and I have not prepared nor shared January's recipe.
I am not off to a great start but today, all of that changes because today, I made January's recipe.
For those that do not have a clue what I am talking about, 
I bought a recipe calendar and vowed to make the featured recipe each month.

The Ingredients for White Minestrone Soup


The Recipe



I pretty much followed the recipe.
I don't eat peas, added extra pasta because I wanted to be sure I got a lot,
and I did not add a cup of Italian vegetable medley, 
because, quite frankly, I have no idea what that means.
This was so easy and very tasty.
Not my favorite because I like cream soups but it was very good.
I served it with crackers and crusty bread.

- there are many reasons why I love winter, and the best one is soup -

11 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Soup and winter go hand in hand around here too, Debbie. Stew is a close second though.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love soups in the cold months too. I made some homemade chicken noodle and it was easy. I thickened it at the end and added some milk to make it creamier...so good!

Changes in the wind said...

mmmmm looks good.

Rian said...

Your soup looks delicious. DH loves soup... eats it almost every day for lunch (Progresso, not home-made). I have made home-made potato soup and we love African Chicken Peanut soup which is very simple to make and uses peanut butter. Also your calendar looks adorable.

Bev said...

Looks yummy!!!

Conniecrafter said...

I have never been a big fan of soups myself, bummer because hubby really likes them so the poor guy just eats canned soups. I wonder if that Italian vegetable medley might come in a can or frozen, you know like mixed vegetables, but who knows :) Well you have a few more days to get February meal made :)

R's Rue said...

Yummy. I love soup.

LeAnn said...

Thank you dear friend for this delicious looking recipe. I too love soups in the winter. The photos of it are awesome.
Blessings and hugs!

DeniseinVA said...

Looks great, adding this to my list. Thanks Debbie :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks delicious.
Soups in winter are fabulous.

All the best Jan

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh I love the look of this soup. I love minestrone soup and have not had any yet this year. The recipe we use takes a while to make and I think that is why we have not made it this year. I really hope to get some made. We make a big batch because if we are putting in that kind of time we might as well have extra for lunches. I may need to try this recipe it looks so tasty.