Thursday, February 3, 2022

Winter In New Zealand

 My niece Emily and her husband Juan live in New Zealand.
New Zealand experiences all four seasons like we do, but not at the same time as here, 
right now, it is summer there.
It is an island country in the South Western Pacific Ocean.
It consists of two main land masses, the North Island and the South Island and over 700 smaller islands.
They are hikers and explorers and take all of these pictures themselves.

Their winter is June to August, here are a few pictures of winter in New Zealand.






I have never been to New Zealand, but would love to go.
I thought I would have visited them before now, but because of Covid I will not fly.
It is a very long flight, 19 hours I think...and there is a time difference.
We talk and keep in touch through Facebook, but I miss them both.
They were our "dining out" buddies.










- a journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step -

14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The mountains views are just beautiful. Lovely photos.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Marie Smith said...

New Zealand is one of my favourite places in the world. I loved everything about it. The scenery is spectacular. I hope you can visit you niece there, Debbie. You’ll love it and your photos will be phenomenal.

Changes in the wind said...

What a beautiful place. Loved all the pictures and that sunrise was awesome!!

Black Knight said...

Beautiful photos of a wonderful Country. New Zealand has always been on my wish list but my wife is scared of flying.

R's Rue said...

I’d love to go to New Zealand. Beautiful photos.

Conniecrafter said...

They are all fantastic pictures, I wish you could go too, that is a very long flight, I thought going to England was bad, so nice that you can experience through her photo's!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie,:=) Spectacular images of the snow covered mountains.

The Furry Gnome said...

That's a spectacular country!

Bev said...

Beautiful.... life has changed so much!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Gorgeous pictures of New Zealand!

Brian King said...

These are just fantastic! Such a gorgeous country! I think if I ever visited, I wouldn't want to leave.

Lowcarb team member said...

Thank you for sharing these fabulous photographs of New Zealand.

All the best Jan

LeAnn said...

The pictures of New Zealand are spectacular. Wow, it looks like such a beautiful country. I would love to visit it. It's the best to have friends there to visit. I hope you get to go sometime.
I don't think it will happen because my husband has a history of DVT's. He would not do well on a 19 hour flight.
Blessings and hugs!