Friday, February 25, 2022

Getting Organized

Nows a good time to get the house organized, 
before spring comes and you want to spend your time outdoors.
Much of what we do in spring and summer are Covid safe outdoor activities,
and when away from home but indoors, you can wear a mask and try to social distance.
Maybe come summer, it will all be in the rear view mirror.

A great place to start getting organized,
"Declutter Your Drawers" 
I am sure it needs to be done and it really helps pass the time 
while we are indoors during the cold weather.
When I clean out drawers, I set aside a block of time & clean several each day.


I do not really enjoy cleaning but I do enjoy a good organizing project.
I think drawers are a great place to start.
They are small, 
you can do one or ten, depending on how you feel and how much time you have.

- when your environment is clean and organized, you feel motivated, happy and inspired -

12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I like my kitchen organized, especially the drawers. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I may do this today. I'm so tired of wearing the same shirts...I need to see what else is in there! lol Hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

I really need to do this but right now I am trying to go through all the slides my parents had and put them on disk so they are all on the computer, then hoping to send a disk to each of my siblings with pictures of themselves, it is taking a long time to do, but I know I won't have time in the summer to do it. We are still getting snow this morning so it is the perfect thing to do :)

Rian said...

Debbie, we are of like mind. I have been doing one shelf a day in my pantry during this cold spell when we cannot leave the house even to walk around the block (too icy). I really need to do the medicine cabinet in the bathroom. It is cluttered with stuff we haven't used in ages. And I finally ordered the fabric to do the backing on the jungle quilt I pieced together a while back. Kudos on getting your kitchen drawers done!

Ela said...

I like cleanliness in my house! But now, when Ukrainians are fighting for independence and dying, I am afraid if it all makes sense!
Greetings form Poland !

Marie Smith said...

I need to clear out drawers in the spare rooms. Not a favourite chore for sure!

BeachGypsy said...

I am working on my dressing room---- it is THE BIGGEST MESS!!!! IT WILL TAKE DAYS. heeeeeelllllp! Lol

R's Rue said...

I need to declutter.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I need to get at some spaces in my home, but I also need to be in the right mood.

Lisa said...

I need to do some decluttering. I really should start with some totes that have been full since we moved about 6 years ago. LOL! They may have been opened but I am guessing that 99% of the contents have not been touched. I keep mentioning to DH that we need to start downsizing and if we do a little at a time it will be so much easier. Hmmmm maybe I should do one tote today. :)

LeAnn said...

I do believe when your environment is cleaned and organized you do feel more motivated, happy and inspired. You inspire me. I think I need to follow your organizing challenge today. All my kitchen drawers and bathroom ones need organizing badly. I think taking one drawer at a time everyday, should help a lot. Thanks for this inspiring post!!

Lowcarb team member said...

I actually sorted out some of my dressing table drawers today :)

All the best Jan