Friday, August 2, 2024

Waist Deep In Weeds

We are midway through the summer and we are waist deep in weeds.
A weed is any unwanted plant that grows or spreads aggressively.
"A plant of wild nature not controlled by humans, 
and for that reason, there are a lot of weeds along some bodies of water".
There is a very specific purpose for weeds along a body of water, they supply nutrients,
and grow somewhat aggressively because of sunlight and water temperature.

Some weeds are really pretty!


Did you know that Rose Of Sharon are considered weeds?
The plant is known for its prolific seeding ability and can quickly spread throughout a garden
crowding out native plants.






Button Bush
is not a weed...it is a wetland shrub that can grow in swamps, marshes and other wet areas.

Sweet Joe Pye Weed

Indian Blanket
A wildflower that is very easy to grow.


 The is a female Red-Winged Blackbird, balancing among the weeds.

5 comments:

Jeanie said...

I wish I didn't relate to this with my garden but alas, I do! (These are much prettier than what is growing n my garden!)

acorn hollow said...

We have been so hot this summer I have not been as good as I should at keeping the weeds at bay. Those are pretty in their place.
Cathy

Bonnie K said...

I'm guessing Rose of Sharon is not a hardy plant aswe don't have issues with it here.

Conniecrafter said...

Yes some weeds are very pretty, I will have to say there is some beauty in many weeds. I love the picture of the bird enjoying them too!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

I really love wild flowers. The last photo of the bird is so lovely.

-Soma