Saturday, August 24, 2024

Saturday Critters #557

A few weeks ago, it seemed to be the week of the Egrets, I saw them in so many places.
I was thrilled to get these pictures 
as the Egrets will be leaving soon to spend their winter in a warmer climate.
They are a huge, hard to miss bird that usually hangs out in shallow water to fish.
I was surprised to see this stately bird up in the tree, although I do know they sometimes hang out there.

I saw at least 6 Egrets on this day during our drive around Lake of the Lilies.
The one in the tree was my favorite.










I thought these flight shots were so interesting...not good, just interesting.
And because I can never get flight shots, I wanted to share them here!


Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

12 comments:

Jeanie said...

I adore egrets and don't seem them often -- maybe once or twice a year. Your photos are stunning. I tried to comment on your "words" post but got a 404 error, whatever that means. But I need those today too.

TexWisGirl said...

Truly miss my pond and all the waterfowl that visited it. Still, I get to see yours. 😊

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie
I do love your Egret photos, they are all beautiful. The Egrets do nest high in the trees, I know it seems a weird place for these tall birds to nest. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Those in flight are really special. And I love it when you see the reflection in water. They are gorgeous! Can't wait for Fall migration...come on down!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Hi there girlfriend! I sure have missed you! I hope you are blogging again. I can't see a fence without thinking of you!

Debbie said...

always so nice to see you "t", i am not the only one who misses your blog. i do wish you would come back to us but i understand your absence!! there are so many times when i am out with my camera that i think of you!! i know you are always lurking, but thanks for the comment!!

RedPat said...

Such a lovely bird and your shots are great as usual.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie :)
Your shots of the Egret are wonderful and you got so many fantastic poses and yes, your flight shots are interesting, and I'm glad you shared them too.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Sonjia.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

They are such a beautiful bird and we seem to be on their schedule. Flying back to Pennsylvania (from Florida) for the summer.

21 Wits said...

They are one of nature's masterpieces absolutely lovely and your photos clearly show that.

DrumMajor said...

A bit mind-blowing to see a swampy bird hanging out in the tree. Love the flight photos. Linda in Kansas

Conniecrafter said...

very true you don't often see them up in the trees, I really love the ones when they are flying, their wing span is always impessive!