Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Surf's Up

 Manasquan is a really down to earth, ride your bike everywhere, seashore town.
It's a town where almost everyone surfs.
Manasquan is the town on the other side of the jetty we visit all the time.

Each year the town hosts a surfboard decorating contest.
Plain, white boards can be picked up at the lighting store in town, 
you paint your own design and the town displays them.
Visitors can vote for their favorite, 3 winners will be picked.

This first one was our favorite.










I loved this one too!
There were more, but I got so tired walking...

Afterward, we had 2 big salads at the Committed Pig...they make the best salads!

Do you have a favorite surfboard, tell me in the comments...

7 comments:

Latane Barton said...

That is really cool, just creativity and such fun.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Debbie, ,y vote is for the last one as well because it seems perfect for the shore and the others just did not (for me). Thanks for the info on your camera and I think our friend in Prince Edward Island may have the same model. I recently bought a used, like new all-in-one zoom, Panasonic Lumix FZ300 and sure it has as many serttings as your Nikon, which may have even more!

BeachGypsy said...

I love the first one!!--- that's gorgeous! Also the jellyfish one. That's a fun contest. Yall find the neatest stuff!

DrumMajor said...

I like the first one and the sparkling jellyfish too. they are all very good. Didn't you enter one? Linda in Kansas

Debbie said...

no, we did not. i think you have to live in manasquan to participate and we do not. we do live close by though, and this is a wonderful town to visit, they have great shops in town!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello my dear blogging friend Debbie
I'm stopping by to say thank you for your kind thoughts and condolences on Eddies passing. I do appreciate your visits back to me :)

I hope to get back to regular blogging soon.
In the meantime, my sincere thanks again to you.

All the best Jan

PS I did enjoy seeing your colourful photographs here.

Rian said...

I liked the last one best too, Debbie!