Saturday, August 3, 2024

Saturday Critters #555

 We had a few nice days, where it was enjoyable to be outdoors.
 And although it has turned hot again, I am so happy that I got outdoors in nature, camera in hand.

Walking along a lake, one I don't often visit, 
I spotted an Egret on an island in the center of the lake, preening.
The most beautiful part of this experience was the landscape on the island, 
I knew it would provide a really pretty background for my pictures, and it did!!





I enjoy seeing these old fashioned, simplistic swings in peoples yards.

At Lake of the Lilies there are still a lot of Swans...



showing off for the camera.



Here are a few more of the Osprey in Spring Lake.


Visiting this nest is always on the list when we are out.



Afterward, we went to 
I had Lobster Francese and the hubs had Fried Shrimp, it was delicious.


Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

8 comments:

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

So many great shots! I think my favorite is the swans with their heads shaped like a heart.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Isn't it amazing how different they can look with their necks twisted around! It's hot here but I HAVE to get out every once in awhile! I get cabin fever! lol

RedPat said...

I love the shots of the swans but all the shots are wonderful.

Marie Smith said...

The colours in the environment with the egrets are gorgeous! We don’t get egrets here. Thanks for sharing them.

Linda said...

Gorgeous bird photos!

Anu said...

Hello. Awesome photos of birds. Egret is so beautiful.
Take care.

Breathtaking said...

Hi Debbie :)
All your photos are wonderful.Sharply in focus and beautiful. You are right about the pretty background in your Egret photos. I used to have a swing like the one in your photo, and as a young girl and only child I got a lot of enjoyment out of it. My late husband had one built for our kids as well. Are you still enjoying the Olympics? Pedro and I are!
All the best
Sonjia.

DeniseinVA said...

You had a spectacular photo session!