Thursday, August 8, 2024

Randomness

The skies have been so pretty at night...
I am always quite excited to have a look outside and see the sunset.



A new "beach" has formed on the left side of the jetty in Point Pleasant, this has never happened before.
News people are reporting it is a danger zone and people should stay off of it,
maybe there is a danger of it sinking.

Before the rains started when we were out on a "joy ride" of sorts, I pretended I was Cinderella.

We were in a bit of a drought situation here, some towns even imposing water use restrictions.

But now the heavens have opened up and we are in need of an arc.
It has rained every day for over a week, 

we got one nice pool day in when it rained in the evening.
But...
I am always prepared for rain days



We finished the puzzle.
Only 250 wooden pieces but it was a real challenge because of the pattern and the pieces were very small.
Some of the pieces were shaped like animals.

And nothing cheers up the house better when it's raining 
than a vase of fresh cut flowers!

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

Oooh, I have so been itching to do your puzzle, but with weekends full of mowing and cutting up apples to freeze and share, I've not been able to start it yet. It sits on my work table taunting me, 😁

Jeanie said...

Those skies are fabulous. And that puzzle would have driven me stark, raving mad but it's beautiful!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie :)
You do have wonderful views of the sky in an evening sunset. Your photos are lovely! I would love to do a puzzle like that, especially since my grandson is leaving tomorrow, and I'll be on my own again. Debbie, I don't have and I pad but thank you for your help in mentioning what it is able to do. You really needed the rain, and flowers cheer me up on any day, especially when the sky is dark, and it's raining.
Enjoy your weekend.
Sonjia

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

We too finally got some rain. In fact, it is still raining right now. I had planned on doing some stuff outside, but it looks like it is going to be an inside day!

Latane Barton said...

It has rained so much later (partly due to Hurricane Debby) that I haven't seen a sunset in FOREVER... so nice to see yours.

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that beach popping up is something. Beautiful sunsets, so neat how they can all be so different. Glad that you finally got some rain, as long as there is no flooding. Cool puzzle, I haven't put a wooden one together.
My flowers are coming up beautifully this year and I have been enjoying bouquets too :)