Thursday, August 1, 2024

How About Those Girls...

 Are you watching the Paris Olympic Games?
I am cheering for all of the young athletes but if your watching and if you saw the girls from the 
USA Gymnastic Team compete and win the gold it was quite a thrilling moment.








I also watched the men's team win bronze, a thrilling moment as well.

Back in 1996 the hubs and I, boys in tow attended the Olympics when they were held in Atlanta Georgia, 
what a thrill to be there.
Back then the process to obtain tickets was done with paper and pencil, 
and when I say the process was difficult, 
that is a huge understatement.
The hubs did most of the work and he is the reason we were able to go.
We had tickets for and watched boxing, track and field, men's gymnastics, and men's soccer.
We watched Michael Johnson "The man with the golden shoes" race, a moment I will never forget...
boy all of those men fly!

7 comments:

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

As cool as it was to see the US take gold, I was equally happy for both Brazil and Italy for their historic medals!

R's Rue said...

I am watching the Olympics and loving it.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

acorn hollow said...

I love watching them but not much into the Olympics. I do hate all the press and back biting that is going on between these young women. The press tries to stir it up
Cathy

The Furry Gnome said...

The Olympics are fabulous! Of course it's the Canadians I watch.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

We really feel our patriotism when cheering for our own! Love when they play the National Anthem !

Marie Smith said...

On the Canadian Olympic team, the women are out-performing the men thus far. Way to go women!

Anonymous said...

Love watching the Olympics, our Aussies are doing well in the pool. Great to see.

Wendy C, Oz