Friday, August 18, 2023

Not A Keeper

 I have a lot of "keeper" recipes that I make all the time, this was not one of them.
My readers may like this, it was fine, we ate it but we did not love it.
I took all of the pictures, 
recorded step by step instructions...so here it is, the recipe I will not be keeping.


Here's the ingredient line-up...and use DeCecco Pasta, it's so much better than the others.
Jamie used feta cheese, not boursin cheese, I like feta but the hubs doesn't.
If you are wondering why I made this, I received an email with a video of Jamie making this...
I am always smitten with the way he preps food and talks, I just had to make it.


chopped and diced...

- grape tomatoes halved -

- I sliced the garlic -

- the vegetables are blistered in this step, no olive oil is used and this gives them a smokey taste -

- add tomatoes, olive oil and garlic -

- add boursin cheese and italian seasonings -


- it is suppose to be topped with "rocket" which I think is arugula but I didn't have any, 
I topped mine with scallions from my garden -


Perhaps this would have been better with feta cheese, here are the changes I would have made...
I would have added crumbled italian sausage and summer squash,
and eliminated the green pepper.
I added 2 blocks of Boursin Cheese and it needed that.
The arugula would have been good on top, if you decide to make this, I would definitely add it.

7 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I love doing a recipe and then, second try, doing it to suit us more with some adaptations. We create our own recipes really! This food looks yummy!

Norma2 said...

Thank you Debbie for stopping by to say hello. The product you show us around here I have not seen. The images in this post are excelentes!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I was with you all the way up til you added cheese! I have all those ingredients also, but I am going to make a salad out of it with red wine vinegar. Have a great weekend!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I make a similar recipe but one without the green peppers, I add spinach.
It is good to make changes to your recipes if needed.

Take care, have a great day and happy weekend!

Rian said...

Debbie, your prep pictures are beautiful. But I've never heard of Boursin cheese.

DeniseinVA said...

It sure looks good and I agree about your prep photos, they are so colorful, really pretty with those vibrant colors.

Conniecrafter said...

I will have to say it looked better before the cheese was added, I love green peppers so I would keep them :)