Thursday, August 17, 2023

The Special Little Things Of Every Day

I take pictures everyday...every. single. day.
Sometimes they are at "big" events but most of the time, 
they are just little things that catch my eye...and those eyes are always open and always looking.

I saw my first Eastern Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly for the season this past week and boy was I excited.


These Hibiscus/Rose of Sharon are not mine...
they are in bloom everywhere you go right now, and we often stop to photograph them.



I have never seen this boat before at the Inlet.
Brianna Louise is from Cape May, quite a bit south of here, 
I am not sure why it was coming in but I was so happy to see it.


The same thing with the boat pictured above
Charisma
I have never seen this boat in the Point Pleasant Inlet before and I know most of the boats.

And how about looking up and seeing a bag of cotton balls, how cool is this?

Last but surely not least...


this hot air balloon took off at
Peddlers Village
while we were there to see the sand sculptures.
- how exciting is that -


I realize not everyone finds these "little" things amazing, but I do...
they fill my life with so much joy!

10 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I can totally relate to your camera-filled days, Debbie. Mine are like that too.

Love your selection today. I photographed a Viceroy butterfly this morning.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Great photos! Boats are looking good for a framed photo or painting. Lovely area. Good shot of the butterfly
A Shutterbug Explores blog is at Cape May up the coast from you. It feels like reading neighbors visiting. lol

Susie said...

I love all you pictures Debbie. It seems the boats are entering the inlet at a fast speed from the looks of the wakes. Glad you are getting outside and enjoying the pretty days. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Linda said...

It's the 'little things' that mean the most!

DeniseinVA said...

Marvelous photos Debbie, I miss being by the seashore. We are way overdue. Thank you for these beautiful reminders.

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely selection of photographs.

All the best Jan

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I agree about the little things bringing joy Debbie and I too find them every day. I don't do as well as you do in taking pictures though. Today, there was joy in cooking (and eating) a good meal and in reading a good book (We are housebound this week because of the smoke and heat inversion, but that will get better soon.) And I confess, the air conditioner and filter bring joy too! Thanks for sharing your happy!!

eileeninmd said...

These are all lovely images, I find joy in many of the same things.
The flowers and butterflies have been a beautiful sight.
Take care, have a great day and happy weekend!

Norma2 said...

Debbie, there are many things around us that are worth contemplating but not all people see. Nature gives us, for example, the "foam of the sea" which is nothing more than an emulsion that is formed by the agitation of waves, air and organic compounds dissolved in the sea. Have you traveled in a hot air balloon?It's exciting. If you can do it.
Kisses from Siempreseraprimavera.blogspot.com

Conniecrafter said...

Oh girl to find joy in every little thing is just what God intended for our lives for sure, and you do it wonderfully. I so love the markings on that butterfly, the flowers are gorgeous, you caught all the pretty details of it.
How fun to see new boats coming in :) The cotton ball clouds are so pretty. Nice that you were able to see this balloon take off since you missed the other. We didn't end up going to the one here this year, hubby was just too tired after work to go.