Thursday, August 24, 2023

Is Fall In The Air Already?

The mornings have been cool here, evenings too, crisp leaves are laying on the ground. 
Is it happening already?
I am not always ready to say goodbye to summer and welcome autumn.
This year I am so over summer, I can't wait for fall.
We have had some serious heat waves and I just can't explain it but to say, 
- bring on autumn -
I am ready for all things fall, fall scents, fall flavors, football and mostly warmer clothes like hoodies,
and the opportunity to wear all of my hand knit scarves and shawls.


The Panicled Hydrangea have gone from white to pink, a true sign that summer is coming to a close.




- summer gone and autumn not yet born...the odd, uneven time -

12 comments:

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Warmer clothes, hoodies, fires in the fireplace. I am with you, bring on fall! We have some hydrangeas in a galvanized milk can vase on our mantle. We picked them years ago when we were visiting friends in Wisconsin.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Summer is not over yet! Your hydrangeas are lovely.
I am not looking forward to what comes after Autumn.
Take care, have a great day!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Danielle L Zecher said...

Summer definitely isn't over here. We'll be in the 90s for the next few days.

Your hydrangea is so pretty. I love that it turns pink.

Marie Smith said...

It is feeling like autumn here too. Only 5 C in the morning yesterday! Thankfully it warmed up.

Sandi said...

"Is the Fall air purple?"

This is how I read your title. I don't know why. I am on my third cup of coffee, fourth, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your hydrangeas are lovely.
Yes, I think Fall/Autumn is on the way ... one of my favourite seasons.

All the best Jan

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Gorgeous photos of your hydrangeas! Love 'the odd, uneven time' - so true. I love fall, so I am excited! I am not a heat-lover. Bring on sweater weather! x K

DeniseinVA said...

Your panicled hydrangeas are gorgeous Debbie. I am also looking forward to Fall and our mornings have been on the cooler side. A sure sign that Autumn is around the corner. I will welcome it greatly!

baili said...

Gorgeous shots
Fall is magical indeed
Ours is far
Blessings

Conniecrafter said...

Tell me about it, we have had 6 days straight of feels like in the 100's, finally going to break that this weekend I think they said Sunday, I can't wait although high 80's can still be pretty hot.
I just know the sooner fall comes the sooner winter will come and I hate being cold too.

Linda said...

NO hint of it here in Texas yet - BUT inside my home looks golden with fall color. Now if it would just cool off! It was 110 today!