Friday, August 4, 2023

It Feels Like Fall

 The weather has changed and the temperatures feel, dare I say it, "fall like"!
It's cool...crisp and the humidity has vanished.
I don't remember an August where the temperatures were in the high 70's and low 80's,
it's just so nice to be outdoors.
We live in an area where everyone likes to vacation and 
the nice weather has brought a higher numbers of "out of towners", we call them "bennies",
is that what everyone calls them?
We get out during the week and stay at home on the weekends, the world is just too crowded.
One morning we went to the inlet to see the boats and people watch...
it was cool enough to sit outside on a bench.


Hold Fast


We rarely see sailboats in the inlet...

Two Anns


Miss. Michele III loaded with young children...
it only went out for a few minutes and then returned.


The young man who caught this fish is pictured below.
He said he was going to give it to the little guy, who was maybe 5, 
and his dad that were fishing next to him.
Kindness...it is everywhere!


- I wanted freedom, open air and adventure...I found it on the sea -

11 comments:

Leanne Coppola said...

This weather has been so nice!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Looks like a beautiful day to be outdoors. I try to avoid the crowds at the beach, just go on the off season. Like that "kindness" is everywhere.
Take care, have a happy day and happy weekend!

BeachGypsy said...

Your cooler weather?????---- I'm on my way!!! Ha ha LOL I like to watch the boats come and go too

Susie said...

Oh yes, Debbie, Cooler weather is wonderful after the super hot days. I feel cheated to have to stay inside during summer. But the heat is more than I can take now. Sea air is so wonderful to smell. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

The Furry Gnome said...

Where'd you come up with the name 'bennie'?

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Cooler weather just arrived today, we love it! Never heard the term Bennies. We called them different things based on what state they are from. Right now tourists outnumber us 4:1.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I think I would love to visit, and be one the Bennies! :)
Would very very much love to feel a little cool breeze and watch the boats come in and out. Curious...are those houses, or hostels, or stores? I assume houses, but it seems too congested a place to build a home. Youc an tell I know nothing about your corner of the world!

Marie Smith said...

I am curious about the name Bennie. Interesting!

Rian said...

Never heard the term 'bennies'. Where does it come from? Love the pics of the boats on the water. And 'cool' weather?? We've been over 100 F for 12 days now and seems like it will continue through the week. Supposed to be 107 tomorrow. Sorry if I haven't commented recently, have had some health 'issues'.

Lowcarb team member said...

I enjoyed your photographs Debbie :)

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

So wonderful that you are having such nice weather, today we are enjoying having the doors open with a very nice coo breeze, don't know how long it will last but enjoying it now :) It was the same for us when we lived up north in Michigan, it was right on Lake Huron and the summers were always crazy with all the people vacationing there. Hope it last awhile for you, they say we are back in the 90's in a couple days.