Monday, August 7, 2023

Bits & Pieces

 When I picked the title for this post, 
I knew I was going to share a lot of little things that have been hanging around in my pictures,
waiting to be shared!
As my friend Leanne knows, I usually like to s t r e t c h things out,
not include too much in a single post.
My theory is to keep it simple, 
don't share too much in a single post and you will have the ability to post each day.
But sometimes, you need one post that combines all those fun, single, little things so here they are...

These wildflowers from my garden are a great place to start...

aren't they beautiful?

This is our favorite meal to grill in the summer...
chicken kabobs and red skinned potatoes cooked in foil packets,
with sweet onion and butter, lots of butter.

I get these pretzels with my meal kits, they are an add on.
They are a great snack and only take 3 - 4 minutes to heat up.
The hubs was in charge on this night and look how he served them to me...food channel ready!

We went to see the fireworks on a Thursday night and for the first time I did not take any pictures.
Afterward, we went to the inlet, 
we thought a lot of boats would be coming in after watching the show from the water.
This was the only boat we saw, I thought it odd.

I saw this mailbox when the hubs sister was helping me take my mother to the doctors.
She does not stop for "fun" sightings like her brother.
He took me back the next day so I could get a picture, he is "funner"!

We spotted this tree with all the birdhouses a while back in Ocean Grove...
isn't it fabulous?!
And such a great use for a tree that has "passed away"!

This pasta dish was a "throw it together with whatever you have on hand" meal and it was so good!

This Butternut Squash Chowder
is a Home Chef meal, I made it on one of our cooler days and it was delicious.

Zuppa Toscana
another meal from Home Chef and another winner,
with sausage, potatoes and spinach...
we really loved it!

- it's important to find the little things in life that make you happy - 

12 comments:

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

He is so much funner for taking you back for that picture! We are having chicken kabobs tonight, Barb is in the process of marinating them as I read this. Lokking forward to those already!

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh that tree covered in birdhouses is so fun.

Leanne Coppola said...

It's a Leanne post!!! Lol! I saw a pretty sunset over the silo the other night and I said "Debbie would ask Chuck to stop and he would"! I almost turned around. I should have... Love everything in the post. Especially the bird house tree. Your flowers are beautiful and the meals look delicious.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Dear Debbie!
Wonderful post and photos. Very appetizing food and beautiful flowers in a vase.
Hugs and greetings.

Farm Girl said...

Hello Debbie, What wonderful looking food!! So is that cute mailbox.
of course the birdhouses were wonderful too.
I love your flowers. This was a very nice post.

Rian said...

Your fresh flowers are beautiful... and the food looks great too!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We find a lot of happiness in the neat things we see and in our good meals. The squash chowder looks amazing! And I love the mailbox!

BeachGypsy said...

hi there Debbie, ALL the meals you post look so DELICIOUS. "fancy" too, LOL!!....we are very "basic" eaters, I guess. LOL!! Love all your pretty flowers, I think I see Old ladies, cosmos maybe? perhaps Poppies??? Cant wait to see your new couch and new set up of those rooms you've been working on!

Marie Smith said...

It sure is important to find the little things that make us happy. The song of a bird, a sunny day, a breeze on the shore…simple but beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love this post, thank you !

Ida said...

Your flowers are so pretty. - All that food looks so yummy. The mailbox and birdhouses were wonderful finds.

Conniecrafter said...

Great post, I have a hard time with post that are too long, can't remember what was at the beginning by the time I get to the end and then all the scrolling I have to do, LOL! Your meals on the grill sounds so good but I have no idea how long I would have to cook them?
Wow that boat was lit up pretty good wasn't it.
That mailbox was a good one to go back for, very cute.
Oh we just cut down the stump to our dead tree this would have been a good idea for it.
Greg and I caught a stomach bug, so very bland eating for us for awhile :(