Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Yarn Along

 My Yarn Along posts never get many views or comments.
I started my new project, Leanne was instrumental in making that happen,
I came home, started working on it and I "screwed it all up"!
It's all wrong, all messed up...

I have done lace work once before, everything has to line up, and mine does not!

Now, what should I do?
Liz and Leanne say rip it out, the hubs says "new pattern/new design!
I stopped working on it for now and will give it some more thought!
But it is looking like a frog is in my future...
"rip it"

Here's how it looks as a whole...
This is the Sweet Soul Shawl by Tamy Gore
Knitted with Kettle Dyed Yarns
Lumen
50% Superwash Merino Wool
50% Silk
This yarn was purchased during a trip to Intercourse, Pennsylvania, many moons ago.
And when I say many moons, we are talking 10 + years ago!

Here's a close up of the lace part.

Here's the problem, these holes are suppose to be on top of one another.

Lace is not my thing...but my nails look great!!

14 comments:

Rian said...

Your nails do look great. I've never had my nails done (oh, that's a lie - had them done once for my daughter's wedding - got some sort of 'quick' infection - never had it done again.) Since my hands are in clay a lot, it's best to keep them short anyway. Never liked the colored nails, but the French Tip looks great!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
I am sorry all your work has to be taken apart, it is a pretty yarn for the shawl. Take care, enjoy your day!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Don't give up. You are so good at this.

The Furry Gnome said...

Well, sorry for not commenting on your knitting projects. Don't know much about knitting. But they're all wonderful projects and I'm glad you have that hobby to get engaged in. I sense you really enjoy it, even though it has its frustrations. Mrs. F.G. found it frustrating enough that she quit.

Leanne Coppola said...

RIP it OUT! Please do it. We'll find you a better pattern.

21 Wits said...

I haven't seen that title for a while, and it appears you'll have a beautiful piece once it's completed, I'm sorry you have to rip some of it out, but in the long run you'll be happy.

Marie Smith said...

Yes your nails look great. You’ll get the lace pattern correct.

Take care.

Bonnie K said...

I absolutely love that yarn. What a beautiful color. I'm sure you will get the hang of it. I think it is gorgeous!

Angie said...

Oh, Debbie, I feel your pain. It is a lovely, deep color that will look great on you ... sometimes, putting something to the side for a bit helps tremendously. Always tough for me since I am not a patient woman, so it's easy for me to give this advice to you!

Kim said...

Oh dear, I hate it when something where a lot of time and effort has gone into it doesn't work. Gorgeous colour of yarn, though and the lacey look is lovely. About those nails, they look fabulous.

MarmePurl said...

That yarn is too pretty not tp be satisfied with how it's coming out. You are not too far to frog it.
Lace can be tricky but once you grt in the groove its rather fun. Happy knitting!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I am so sorry it isn't working out for you, I hate tearing out knitted items crochet is so much easier to take out and start again, well for me anyway, that is why all my knitted things are very simple projects :) Like hubby said you could always go your own way with this, and make it your own pattern.
I love that you ended it on a positive note that your fingernails look great :)

Lowcarb team member said...

The yarn is such a lovely colour and your nails do look great :)

All the best Jan