Monday, March 29, 2021

Just Add Ice

 At least 10 years ago I purchased a "just add ice" orchid at the food store.
It has been alive and vibrant until now 
and it finally decided it was tired of those cold waterings every Sunday...
it stopped blooming and I laid it to rest.
I was so sad to see it go as it was such a beautiful shade of purple and I loved it so much.
We don't shop in the food store now to replace it
  but recently had to make an emergency run for the hubs mom and there they were.

- just add ice -
orchids
I was so excited, I almost wet my pants...

Easy care, place in a bright well lit location, and add 3 ice cubes per week.
Purchased March 24, 2021, 
I will keep this little card so I always remember when I purchased it,
and how long I have had it.
And you may have noticed I had to change the 2 to a 3,
stuck back in February I forgot it was March.

This one has lots of flowers and lots of blooms.



I have all of my seeds now to start my vegetable garden.
I'm not sure if I am planting everything in a raised bed or in pots,


but at least everything is started.


Wishing you all health and happiness
and plenty of sunshine to enjoy your day!

13 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful Orchid. I have been looking for that kind, that uses only the ice cubes, but can’t find any. Oh well, I’ll enjoy your via the blog.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

I've been using ice cubes for years...ever since I got mine in fact. I do the same thing for the Anthurium and they seem fine, Debbie! Your choice was a beautiful one!!!...jp

Pam said...

My mom loved Orchids, but I don't think she ever had one of those. I usually have basil, oregano and rosemary that I grow. Rosemary made it through the winter, I brought the basil in and it is doing good. Oregano did not make it though. So glad spring is here. Grass just cut a few minutes ago so now I know that it will be never ending till Oct.YIKES.. I blog about everything! lol...I will find interesting things on Pinterest that I blog about if I don't have anything else. Have a great week.

The Furry Gnome said...

What a neat idea for growing an orchid!

Anonymous said...

Yay for the orchid find. B started some seeds, too.

Marie Smith said...

I ice my orchid too. You have the spirit of spring for sure!

Bonnie K said...

I have never heard of an ice cube orchard. Very cool.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh the timing was great on those, so neat that you found them again, I don't believe I have ever seen them. Wow you have a good selection of seeds, I am not sure how much I will be doing this year, all depends on how long it takes for my foot to heal.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Just adding ice, I could do that! Your new orchid is beautiful, I love the pink color. Take care, enjoy your day!

21 Wits said...

Yes, it's that super fun growing and planning time of the year! Beautiful orchid you've shared too.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Dear Debbie!
How nice to be with you again after my long absence.
Yesterday I came back from the hospital.
Beautiful photos and a beautiful orchid. I am delighted with its color.

Hugs and greetings.

Lowcarb team member said...

I think your new orchid looks a beauty, what a fabulous colour it is.

All the best Jan

LeAnn said...

Wishing you lots of sunshine too. We are finally suppose to have some warm weather this weekend. I'm hoping for it. Your Orchid's are beautiful. I haven't heard of that kind before. It does look like you are ready to plant. I'm worried because we are in drought conditions, so water might be a problem. We may not have as big of a garden this year.
You continue to be an inspiration in this area.
Blessings and hugs!