Monday, March 15, 2021

5 Days Until Spring

 Can you believe it, only 5 days until spring,
I am just a tad excited about that.
It's starting to feel like spring, sound like spring!
When I open the windows, yes, I have been able to open up the windows,
the birds are singing the songs of spring.


I have a lot of crocus in bloom...


the daffodils are reaching for the sun...

the tulips as well, 
it won't be long before they show their beautiful flowers.

Remember the Easter flag,

this is the matching mailbox cover.
I have the doormat also,
but all the neighbors were all out and about,
wondering, I'm sure, why I was photographing my mailbox.
I don't really want them to think I am a weirdo,
so I did not take a picture of the doormat 
and the cute bunnies I have on either side of it.

They probably already know I am a weirdo anyway!

Switching gears, and on a very somber note...

we have had a very serious fire in our big/little town.
Starting around 2 pm on Sunday in Lakewood,
where our business park is, quickly spreading to our home town, Brick.
Last I read, 
170 acres had burned, 
several homes and businesses were destroyed,
and the fire has yet to be contained as of this morning.
The above picture is mine,
we were out for a drive and saw all of the smoke.
There are a lot more pictures here,
that really show the severity of the fire.

Many thanks to the first responders who have been battling this fire for almost 24 hours.
Keeping us safe, saving lives and homes, they are remarkable people!

17 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I hope the fire is out soon.

Your early spring looks wonderful.

Ruth S said...

Too close to home for me!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The fire sounds scary, I hope and pray everyone is safe! Your crocus are beautiful. Have a happy new week!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

It has been so terribly windy that it has become very dry here...an easy target for FIRE unfortunately. That is a lot of damage (170 acres) let alone the people's lives that it affected. As I sit here today, Debbie, it is 30 outside with, once again, howling winds making it brutally cold out there. Hence, a hot cup of tea and me indoors for a change!...jp

Debbie said...

hi ruth...i don't remember exactly where you live. anywhere in ocean county, i am sure you saw the smoke. chuck went that way today to do a few things at our office complex, there was much evidence of it everywhere. one fireman was critically injured, i don't think anyone else was hurt. it was a lawyers office on airport road where the fire started. we just happen to be out when the fire started, so we saw the smoke immediately. we tried to get home via the burnt tavern road extension, it was closed due to a vehicle accident. a motorcycle and a car, the man driving the motorcycle was killed. what a day here in brick town!!

Kim said...

My goodness, more fires; very worrying. I think your neighbours have already made up their minds about you. =) Why, I think you would be the best and 'funnest' neighbour. Cute letterbox!

Lowcarb team member said...

Well your first six photographs were wonderful, nice to think that Spring is almost here.

Your next photograph was worrying.
I hope there were no fatalities.

All the best Jan

Elizabeth Edwards said...

weirdos are cool!! u keep taking shots of whatever. give those neighbors something to chat about. lol. just kidding. i understand totally. we always make up stories ourselves. totally off the wall just to be silly. i am ready for spring. cute decor. ( ;

The Furry Gnome said...

Your spring is a long way ahead of ours! Love the mailbox.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those signs of spring are so encouraging . I do hope they get that fire under control quickly.

Ruth S said...

I have finished all my cancer treatments (8 Months ) and have been declared cancer free at the moment!

Ruth S said...

I am in one of the Holiday Cities.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

So nice to see the flowers coming up and blooming! Too funny about the neighbors thinking you are a weirdo for taking photos! That fire sounds scary - I hope they can get it under control. Stay safe. Hugs xo Karen

Debbie said...

best news ever ruth!! i hope you are feeling well, strong and beautiful!!

LeAnn said...

I do pray that they get the fire under control. No more fires for you guys; you had enough with your buildings.
The flowers look lovely and I am so excited for spring to come. It's still a bit cool here. We tend to have a few days where it is somewhat good and then another storm comes in. Alot of the storm is going to the south of us and we really need the moisture here. We are in drought conditions.
I do love your Easter decorations. I don't think the neighbors think you are a weirdo. I'm sure they think you are awesome.
Sending hugs your way!

Conniecrafter said...

I will have to say I am pretty excited for spring to come, we haven't had good weather ever since my surgery so no opening of windows or doors for us, your crocus is so pretty! I had to laugh when you said you don't want your neighbors thinking you are a weirdo, I often wonder what they think of us some times and the crazy stuff they see us doing, LOL!
So sorry to hear about the fires, I had not heard of that, I pray they can get it under control soon, and that your buildings are safe and your home stays safe too!

Brian King said...

That's awful about the fire! I hope it has been contained by now. You'll have some beautiful flowers coming!