Monday, March 22, 2021

An Afternoon At The Coop

Leanne, my knitting teacher and now dear friend has been fully vaccinated.
Me too...so I was able to take a private knitting lesson in 
The Coop 
I have tried and failed maybe 30 times to start this new shawl project.
I love the yarn, I really love the pattern and I really needed help.
You could say it was just a rouse...
to see girls, Liz and Dee were there too and spend time in The Coop...
you decide. 
But the shawl is well underway and I got to spend an afternoon with some of my favorite people.

I'll show you Wednesday what I am working on.

Here's a look inside 
The Coop







Lots of handmade item, everything is for sale,
they also sell yarn in the shop.

Before Leanne got a "JOB" she use to give knitting lessons here in The Coop.
Before COID, we would have knit alongs here.

Sometimes we would sit outside, 
under the biggest tree, with a pretty green tablecloth on our table, and knit together there.
We have all become great friends.

Learning to knit - one of the best things I have ever done.

Stay Safe and Be Happy, if you can, do something you really enjoy today! 

15 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How nice to be able to do this! I SO look forward to getting out some in a month or so. I want to browse the old books in a store! And I would have wanted some of that turquoise jewelry! I love it SO much!

Linda said...

I love that COOP!! Wish I could wiggle my nose and stroll around looking at everything! Life is resuming little by little and I am so happy that you were able to spend some time with a friend and in the COOP!! You are not nearly as COOPED up as your were!

Rian said...

What a neat shop! I would go there to browse or knit too. So cute! Glad you have such a wonderful place to go and safely visit friends (and knit! or shop!)

Pam said...

Oh....I love that building. Nice place to run away to so you can knit. Can't wait to see what you got going.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sounds like you had a great day. Way to go!

Kim said...

I am glad you can once again meet with Leanne and your other knitting friends and enjoy fun times and conversation.The Coop looks like a fabulous place.

Lowcarb team member said...

The Coop certainly looks good.
Looking forward to seeing what you are working on.

All the best Jan

The Furry Gnome said...

What a busy studio!

Changes in the wind said...

People are feeling more safe to gather with getting the vaccine and glad you were able to enjoy a few of your friends. Anxious to see the shawl you are working on.

Conniecrafter said...

I bet that felt great to be with the girls today and see all the lovely creations and yarn in person, there is nothing like it. That's great you were able to get help with the shawl and you are on your way to get it going :) They have a beautiful place there! I am getting my second shot this afternoon, in two weeks I will feel much safer to get out among people :)

Marie Smith said...

It sounds so normal, Debbie. We could use a lot of that!

Leanne Coppola said...

Best afternoon I have had in months!!

21 Wits said...

Now that's some Coop! What a great place to roam about!

MarmePurl said...

My kinda place.

LeAnn said...

The Coop looks like a fun place to be. I think the best part is the knitting and the making of friends. It would be such a fun thing to do. I read some books years ago about a knitting group that were friends and it was such a fun read.
I love how you enjoy knitting. I keep telling myself, I need to take up crocheting again, because I really loved it.
Blessings and hugs!