Saturday, March 13, 2021

Saturday Critters ~ 378 ~

 Today we are going to visit a beautiful waterfront area of Shark River...
I have never been here before.
Peaceful and quiet, my friend Liz told me about it.

I assume during the summer, it is filled with boats,
the piers and docks were well maintained.

It was low tide...
you can see the high tide water markings on the piers.

There were three ducks that swam close to the piers,
two females and one male 
Ruddy Ducks
The females stayed close to the piers and the male swam further out, 
especially when he saw me.

Isn't she a beauty?
Even though she is brown, the shades of brown and feather pattern are just gorgeous.

Look at the mirror image/reflection of the ducks head, right side up, in the water.
I thought this image was so cool.


This is the Mister.

I really loved the water in this image, looking so artsy!

Last time Liz was here she saw a lot of swans, there weren't any on this day.
I will definitely be going back, to see what I can find.
I was super happy to see the Ruddy ducks, and to enjoy this peaceful spot!

Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

18 comments:

Rian said...

This was certainly a peaceful spot... enjoyed seeing the Ruddy ducks, but enjoyed the pics of the piers more. I've always loved piers. When I used to go to retreat at Montserrat on Lake Lewisville, I'd sit on the pier in the early morning and watch the sun come up. And once on the gulf coast, I stood on a pier and watched a storm come in...

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
Fantastic captures of the Ruddy Ducks. The female is pretty, love the reflections shot. The male with his bluish bill is beautiful too. Looks like you found a nice spot to view the waterfowl. Sorry you missed the swans, I hope you can check back another time. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post! Take care, have a happy weekend! PS, thank you for the comment on my post.

Brian King said...

How nice to go someplace new! Love the piers! The ducks are beautiful! Their bills remind me of a shoe horn.

Anonymous said...

Love those buddies! So stinking cute!

Changes in the wind said...

Glad you found a new spot and enjoyed it.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a neat place. I love the swirls of color in the water! Enjoy your weekend!

DeniseinVA said...

How lovely and your photos of the Ruddy Duck are outstanding! A really neat area to be told about. I am always grateful to blogging friends with this kind of information on new places to visit.

21 Wits said...

Your duck captures are precious, they are enjoying the day, quiet for now. Just wait until all those boats and people return. I like checking the docks out like this too, there's something very special about it.

LeAnn said...

This looked like a lovely place to visit. I liked the docks and they do look well kept. The Ruddy Ducks are beautiful. I did look closely at the colors of the female duck. The water is unique in these photos. Well done!
Blessings and hugs!

RedPat said...

The reflection of the duck's head is wonderful! She was a little beauty.

The Furry Gnome said...

What a nice place!

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW! I love these scenes. The right side up reflection is fascinating.

Marie Smith said...

It looks so peaceful. I image it can be really busy there. The Ruddy ducks are wonderful birds.

Conniecrafter said...

Always so fun to see a new area, I wonder if the boats were out in the water, or is it to early in the season to be out. Great pics of the ducks, that one with the reflection of his head is just too cool!!

Linda said...

What cute ducks!

Villrose said...

Just lovely ducks :)

Yvonne said...

Looks very tranquil, and the Ruddy Duck photos are so beautiful, especially with the green swirls of reflections.

Lowcarb team member said...

Thank you for these beautiful photographs of the Ruddy Ducks :)

All the best Jan