Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Crocus & Knitting

Traditionally, Crocus flowers have been likened to joy and cheerfulness.
And because Crocus bloom in the garden when you most need to see some color, 
some see them as a symbol of hope.
Winter will indeed end and spring is on it's way!




I was sure I would have my knitted Shawlette, started on January 25th,
 done today,
I could not have been more sure...

But, alas, it is not finished.
In my defense, in finishing the "edge", every other stitch was a make one,
so you are doubling your stitches.
This finishing edge is taking much longer than I thought.

So I knit away, grateful to have a project to work on in my down time!

Wishing you joy and cheerfulness today!

11 comments:

Kim said...

Spring is indeed beginning to awaken there. Sweet crocuses to put a smile in your day. Your knitted shawlette will be finished soon. It is looking lovely.

Marie Smith said...

No crocuses here yet. Come on spring!

DeniseinVA said...

Your shawl looks lovely. I could have done with one today. The windows have been open to 70 degree F. weather here but as the evening grew cooler, so did I. Hot cup of tea coming up. Your crocus photos are gorgeous!

The Furry Gnome said...

Gorgeous crocuses!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh, I love those cheery crocuses. They look so bright and happy.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

It was such a pretty day today..nothing blooming yet, but my martins have arrived and the noise they make is so pretty. I start my day opening the window to hear them. Your crocuses are lovely!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie

Your crocus blooms are beautiful. The spring flowers are a happy sight. Have a happy day!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Well thanks to you, now I know why I like Crocus so much!!...jp

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see the crocus blooms, ours are doing well, a nice Spring-time sight.

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

the crocus is gorgeous, I don't have any here, but my Iris leaves are coming up, getting excited. looks like you are getting close on your knitting :)

LeAnn said...

Sending joy and cheerfulness your way! Thanks for the beautiful flower photos; it does mean spring is near. Your Shawlette is lovely and I hope you model it soon.
Blessings and hugs!