Thursday, September 9, 2021

Surviving Covid...

 I am feeling a wee bit better.
I appreciate the vaccine and the antibodies, making this Covid journey so much easier for me.
It helps to have things to keep you busy, although this is not much different than real life lately anyway.

It's good to have some new magazines to read,
I enjoy both Better Homes & Gardens and Good Housekeeping.

I started a hat for the boy next door.
I am going to make headband/head warmers for the 2 girls.
They visited me often when I first came home from the hospital and I really appreciated seeing them.


I watched the new Cinderella musical movie, which I loved.
Am I the only one??
It got terrible reviews from those that viewed it, I guess I am easily entertained.


This huge tomato plant grew from a single slice of tomato. 
I brought it home from a restaurant that offered 2 slices for my burger 
when I only needed 1.
I planted it and look how big it got.
We never caged it or supported it, during our "super busy" time,
so it is growing wild, 
and we have gotten many tomatoes from it.

I roasted some more tomatoes yesterday.
I have 4 bags in the freezer,
they will taste especially delicious during the winter.

I have worked on cleaning up the pictures on my computer,
it is a never ending job.
Sometimes I think I should just buy a new computer and start over.
That is an expensive prospect.


Receiving these beautiful flowers to look at from my sister,
was a real joy and surprise.
When I grow up I want to deliver flowers for my job.
What a thrill to be able to bring beauty and happiness to
someone who is not feeling well.

They have a butterfly of course,
And Yellow Gerber Daisies, sunshine in a bouquet.

The hubs is still fine, I am so grateful for that.

- life is good because I decided to make it that way - 

18 comments:

Buttons alias Grace said...

Sending hugs. I am sad to hear you were in the hospital. I am extremely happy you are home. Stay well my friend. Hugs B

DeniseinVA said...

So glad you are feeling better and still sending lots of hugs. Loved the things you shared today and thank you!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
I am so glad you are feeling better, if only a wee bit. Covid symptoms seem to be differ a little with each person. My great 7 yr old nephew and 5 yr old niece each caught Covid after recently moving from Washington state to Florida, their first week of going to school. Your flower bouquet is pretty. I have not seen the Cinderella movie. I hope you are feeling better, take care. Have a great day!

Black Knight said...

Glad you are feeling better and that you keep busy in interesting activities.
Take care and get well soon. All the best!!!!

Linda said...

You are a wise woman.....
I did not see the Cinderella movie but I shall now. How kind of you to make the gift for the neighbor children. It creates a circle of kindness and the ripples will continue.
I am amzed at that tomato plant!!! We have cantaloupe at the ranch that happened just that way. This year I hope to throw the old pumpkins INSIDE the garden fence. Nothing came form last year's mushy pumpkins.....goats and horses ate them most likely!
Continued prayers for you as you recover.....

Marie Smith said...

I pray you continue to improve, Debbie. That Delta variant is so easily transmitted, it’s scary. Thinking of you.

Conniecrafter said...

So good to hear you are doing ok, you will continue to be in my prayers. The kids will love the hats and goodies you are making for them, wow that plant is doing really good. Yes bringing happiness to people would be a great fulfilling job!
Good to hear Chuck is doing well and keep that positivity!! Hugs to you!

Susie said...

Hugs to you sweet butterfly girl. You have been in my prayers. Stay strong and safe. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

The Furry Gnome said...

Hope you grow up and get your flower delivery job soon!

betty said...

Glad you are feeling a wee bit better! Slow and steady and hopefully each day a little more back to normal! What pretty flowers!! That is neat that you are getting an early start on Christmas gifts! I know the kids will appreciate the warm gifts! Amazing how big that tomato plant grew!!!

betty

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sounds like you are keeping busy. Hope you are on the way to better health.

Changes in the wind said...

So sorry you got the covid but so happy you are recovering! I too got it some time ago and was in the hospital. It took the wind out of my sails but now all is well. Your bouquet is beautiful and of course it should include a butterfly. How amazing that tomato plant grew from a slice of tomato!!

BeachGypsy said...

Still thinking of you Debbie--- how are you feeling? Get well soon!!

Brian King said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better! I hope you continue to do so! We roasted some tomatoes because of your blog post a while back and they are fantastic on homemade pizza! :-)

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased that you are feeling a little better.
Those are beautiful flowers.

My good wishes to you and the hubs, I do hope he keeps well.

All the best Jan

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

I’m sorry you have been ill but so glad you are home! Sending love and light.

Debbie said...

thanks for stopping by tina, i have missed you!! i am on the mend, feeling better every day!!

LeAnn said...

I do think you are an optimistic soul. I am sad to hear you haven't been feeling well and had Covid. I do like your projects for your neighbor children; that is awesome. I like that you planted a tomato slice and got such a big plant from it. Amazing!
The flowers from your Sister are lovely. I do think I will watch the Cinderella movie. I do love musicals.
Sending hugs your way!