Friday, September 3, 2021

And The Storms Blew Through...

 It was cloudy all day on Wednesday, we barely had but a drizzle of rain.
Wednesday evening, after dark, it rained a little.
I think it rained through the night but not enough to wake me.
We rose Thursday morning to beautiful blue skies and full sunshine, not a hint of Ida anywhere.
Another storm misses "us" again, but not all of New Jersey was so lucky.

Yesterday, I was so happy to see and photograph this...

Red Spotted Purple Butterfly
My book says the dorsal/upper side is mainly purplish blue,
with iridescent blue on the outer portion the hindwing.
The ventral/under side is brownish-black with reddish-orange spots near the base,
and a row of orange spots near the outer edge.
To me, the purplish blue area looked black.
Common to this area, 
it stayed in place for quite sometime making it easy to get 10 pictures that look exactly the same.

I got to see my sweet alpacas for a few minutes...
more importantly I got to see Leanne and Liz.
I neeeeeeeded some yarn and Liz met me at the coop to help me out with my selections.

There she is, such a kind friend, twirling my yarn selections.

This is the stove in The Coop
During the cold months, this stove is used to heat the Coop.

Arrow Acres Farm
Pretty alpaca yarn for making warm hats!
Christmas is coming!

14 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Fun to see your photos from the coop. I can see your knitting needles are going to be busy with those pretty yarns :) A wonderful old stove and nice to see your friend. The alpacas are sweet. That’s a lovely butterfly. My post is about butterflies today, photos mostly taken by hubs. Good to hear the storm missed you. I have been reading how bad it has been up there.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I am so glad to hear you are safe from the storm. What a terrible tragedy! I was shocked to hear the number of deaths this morning. It's been so hard and will be a challenge for so many. Glad you got some yarn. We need our diversions to keep going. Take care! Love you!

betty said...

Pretty butterfly! Glad you didn't get the brunt of Ida, but feel for those who did! Have you done a post about the coop before? Sounds like an interesting place!

betty

Sandi said...

The stove is incredible! How old is it?

Black Knight said...

Here it never rains! I cannot wait for the first rain of the season: I like to run under (a light) rain!
The stove is too beautiful!

Debbie said...

hi sandy, i asked liz, she said they get asked that question all the time but they just don't know. they purchased it at a farm estate sale, locally!!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Came by to see if you were in the storms path, so glad you were not

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie It's good to know you are safe from the storm. I have really appreciated your visits, thank you for thinking about me.
This is such an interesting post. You don't see many stoves like this one, and it's working, which is amazing. Nice to see your friend too, and the wool she twirled for you.It's an interesting place, and of course the alpacas are always a treat to see. their wool will make lovely warm hats and scarves and keep you busy. You made me smile when you wrote you had taken ten photos "all the same,"of that gorgeous butterfly, all in the same position, I do exactly the same thing, then wonder why I did it!!!:=)
I made my first post after five months today, I hope I'll be able to keep it up.
Sending you warm hugs.

Linda said...

I watched the news last night and I am so happy to hear that dreadful storm missed you! It was a bad one!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful butterfly. I’m sure you will produce some lovely items with the new yarn.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
I am so glad the storm missed you, I was seeing photos from MD, PA, NJ and NY with some serious flooding. The alpacas are so cute, it is great you were able to visit your friend and pick up some new yard. Happy weekend to you!

Conniecrafter said...

So thankful the storm missed you once again, I feel so bad for all those north of you, there has been quite the devastation after this last storm going through. Pretty butterfly, Greg got some pics on Thursday of one, I told him that you probably know the name of it :) I bet it was good to go and see some friends and of course by some new yarn :) Can't wait to see the new project you have in mind for it! Have a great weekend!

Lowcarb team member said...

Thankful that the storm missed you, but it has certainly been bad in many places!
That is a nice butterfly and I always enjoy seeing the alpacas.

All the best Jan

LeAnn said...

I'm happy you got to visit your friend at the Coop and pick up some yarn. Her stove is like my great Aunt's stove that she cooked over for years to feed ranch hands. I used to sit on a stool and watch her cook; fond memories for sure.
Love the photos of your Alpacas. They are such a beautiful animal. The butterfly is gorgeous.
I'm very happy the storm didn't come your way. I actually was praying for your area when I heard about it. I was hoping you hadn't been affected.
Sending big hugs your way!
Blessings and hugs!