Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Yarn Along

 Washed and Blocked...

I am super happy with the way the 
22 Little Clouds Shawlette finished up.
This Shawlette took me 3 months to knit and it could have been done so much quicker,
had I only been able to conquer the ruffle.
I knitted the base part in no time flat.

But oh that ruffle, I almost gave up and then I didn't...I am so glad I stuck with it.

Up next...

The Spring Thing

All of the details are here in my book - 
I will use my grayish yarn as the trim.
The edges look a little funky, but that will be hidden by the trim yarn.
I'm not sure why the edges look so sloppy, 
I am a pretty neat knitter.

I released another butterfly yesterday, 
the hubs said I have 2 more that have emerged overnight that I will release later today!
I loved this image, the sun wash shining through the branches of the azalea bush,
creating such a pretty pattern.

"I did not fail, I just found about 10,000 ways that did not work - and then I found 1 that did"

Have an awesome day!

16 comments:

R's Rue said...

😍

Robyn said...

How I wish I knew how to knit. I can crochet like a champ but everytime I attempt to knit I don't know what is wrong with me. I am SO uncoordinated when it comes to knitting and it frustrates me because I love knitted pieces come out. Your shawl came out beautifully.. Do raise butterflies? Did you raise that one in the photo? it's beautiful! I love butterflies. They remind me of my mom because she loved butterflies. I've wanted to get some butterfly bushes or plants to attract them just don't know which ones do..

DeniseinVA said...

I love the look of it and you pick the perfect color. Fantastic butterfly photo, how rewarding it must be to send them on their way.

Rian said...

Love your shawl! And Black Swallowtails!... and that last quote.

Susan Zarzycki said...

Very nice! What do you do with your finished projects, use them or gift them?💖

Kim said...

It's a good thing you persevered with the ruffle as it is the making of your pretty shawl. The ruffle is so pretty. A gorgeous photo of the butterfly! The sunlight dancing is a lovely thing.

Debbie said...

I do both, gifting and some I keep. I probably gift more than I keep!!!!!

Marie Smith said...

That shawlette is beautiful! Great job!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I'm glad you persisted .That shawl looks good.

Lowcarb team member said...

I think the shawlette looks great, such a nice colour.
That butterfly is amazing, what colour and markings.

All the best Jan

J.P. Alexander said...

Te salio muy bien el chal y yo también saco mariposas al jardín cuando se meten en mi casa. Te mando un beso
Enamorada de las letras

Debbie said...

translated: Your shawl came out very well and I also take butterflies out in the garden when they come into my house. I send a kiss
In love with letters

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,

Your shawlette looks beautiful, great job! I love the pretty Swallowtail. Great quote! Wishing you a great day!

Changes in the wind said...

Your shawl came out sooooo pretty! and great picture of the butterfly.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my your shawl looks fantastic, the ruffle is just beautiful, so glad you didn't give up. I think knitting while it is on the needles don't always look good, it's after the blocking it all comes together :)
The butterfly looks so pretty with your bokeh bush in the background, boy they are coming out fast aren't they!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The background IS perfect for the butterfly. What an exciting time! And beautiful things you are making. You amaze me!