Friday, April 23, 2021

Day By Day

 In my work life, the second half of the month is usually much less busy than the first.
But for some reason this month, I am still super busy with work and have not had much time to play.

We have gone for a few drives, later in the afternoon,
the views have been beautiful.
I wish we could stop and photograph every spring blooming tree,
but it would involve a lot of turning the car around so I just enjoy them as we go by.
I captured a few...




- we were able to stop for this pink Cherry Blossom -


and this although I don't know what it is.
Could it be a "red" cherry blossom, the flowers look the same,

There is almost always time for a spin around my favorite lake...
Lake of the Lilies

where I found this Mallard sleeping...

I must have startled him and he popped open his eye to see what all the fuss was about.

This Red Winged Black Bird was a busy beaver, jumping from one rock to another.
I really enjoy coming here, 
there is always something fun to see and photograph.

That's it for today, I hope you all have a day filled with sunshine and joy!

12 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

Oh my those cherry blossom pictures were just exquisite!

Robyn said...

Hi Debbie,
Your photos are beautiful!!.. I wonder what that second tree was the purple one? It's beautiful!... As is that Mallard Duck! He's gorgeous!

Marie Smith said...

I always enjoy your visits to the Lake of the Lilies too, Debbie. The blossoms are breath-taking.

Linda said...

Such gorgeous photos! I feel like I could reach right through the screen and touch them!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful flowering trees. Spring is just overflowing with beauty.

The Furry Gnome said...

Those are some beautiful blooming trees!

LeAnn said...

Always love the photos get while driving. The Cherry blossom's are lovely and I do think it may be a orange red Cherry Blossoms.
I liked the photo of the Mallard sleeping and a beautiful shot of the Red Winged Black Bird.
Blessings and hugs!

21 Wits said...

Oh my goodness these are great captures all of them! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Conniecrafter said...

I so wish the flowering trees could last much longer myself, they are so gorgeous!
It's great to have a place so close by that you can go and enjoy the birds!

Brian King said...

Beautiful trees! We just had a couple of freezes so we're struggling to even plant anything yet and lost the buds on some young trees. Love the one-eye photo! Red-wings are everywhere at the moment.

DeniseinVA said...

Beautiful captures to give us a lots of smiles today :) Good to get away from work, good way to relax after being so busy.

Lowcarb team member said...

The cherry blossom is fabulous isn't it.
Lovely selection of photographs.

All the best Jan