Thursday, February 11, 2021

This & That

 During a drive to the inlet, I see that most of the fishing boats are docked.


Soon they will journey out, most of them will be gone for many days.



The Goldfinches have been hanging around, they returned with the snow.


I am still working on the Shawlette that I started on January 25th,
I am so happy to have this project to keep me busy during my down time.

I ordered this cake on-line, 
Southern Style, Cream Cheese Pound Cake.
It was a treat for us, we have had them before and they are so very delicious.
Delivered super fresh, right to your door, a treat that can't be beat.

I have made so many of these Bacon & Egg Sandwiches,
on homemade biscuits they are really good!

We are expecting more snow, but other than that, there is not much to write about.
I miss our day trips and weekend get-a-ways.

11 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Oh to be able to be out in nature again. I know what you mean!

Changes in the wind said...

I think those bacon and egg sandwiches could become addictive for me.

Linda said...

Normally, Texas doesn't have much winter weather and escaped all the snow and ice. However, we are going to be in the deep freeze with just about everyone else across the country! Low of 3 degrees is predicted. We will get out later today and buy milk abd veggies and then cover plants and faucets with towels. Kind of exciting since we don't do this very often!
Your food dishes look so good I want to reach in and grab one of those egg and biscuits!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That cake looks so delicious .

BeachGypsy said...

Hi there Debbie. Like you, I so much enjoy to go spend a day looking at all the neat boats!! Oh my goodness, that cake looks amazing!!! And so does that biscuit concoction......I love love love BLTs in the summer, well actually---year round. I am SO HUNGRY NOW!! LOL Do you still have snow there, the pictures were so pretty!!

BeachGypsy said...

PS I love bacon/egg sandwiches too!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Those boats are very impressive with all that they have going on. I can't get over how many mockingbirds and cardinals we have hanging around this year. Wow that cake looks delicious, I haven't heard of cream cheese with pound cake, sounds interesting :) Hope it won't be long and we can get out for our drives and parks!!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

What a gret idea for a treat to have a cake delivered to your door. Looks yummy Debbie

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i enjoyed this post. something about boat views is pleasing to the eyes. i am eye drooling as i call it ..over your cake. i bet it was just delicious. a good biscuit for breakfast is so awesome. ( ;

Brian King said...

Love the boats! The goldfinches are off the chain here! They're going through the thistle like crazy. That bacon and egg biscuit sandwich looks awesome!

LeAnn said...

The bacon and egg sandwich looks so yummy. My husband isn't home yet and I think that might be what I fix for dinner tonight. You are always inspiring. Of course, I would love the cake too. Your Shawlette is beautiful and coming along well. I love the color.
I love the quote; "Live a life you love". That's an important message for sure.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs!