Thursday, February 4, 2021

It Snowed!!!

 As you know, it snowed here in New Jersey.
In my neck of the woods, 
we received far less than most New Jersey-ans!

We had precipitation for several days, but it was not always snow.

We had rain, sleet, freezing rain and snow...

and when all was said and done, it only amounted to 4 inches of snow!

Enough to break out the snow blower, and have a little fun.
The snow was wet and heavy, 
not fluffy, fun snow.
And the skies were so gray, for several days, I never went out side and played in it!
Instead, I stayed inside and spent my time doing inside things.
I spent a lot of time photographing the birds,
much to my despair, most of the pictures are so dark,
the birds do not look attractive!
It was fun to spend time with the birds, it's always a party at the feeders when it snows.


It was my first time seeing the Junco, I did not even realize they were here.
After spending a few minutes at the window, I saw at least 10.
The hubs threw some seed out the window for them, they are ground feeders
and really enjoyed the gift.
But as you can see, these pictures are so dark, barely worth sharing.
The Junco are only here during the winter and I always get super excited when I see them.


So...who of you got snow?
What did you do to keep busy or did you go out and play in it?

13 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie
I think we had more snow 6-8 inches. It was heavy too, from the freezing rain. Your hubby looks like to be doing the snow removal. I have seen the Juncos eating from my feeders. Take care, enjoy your day!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Looks like a nice layer of snow.

The Furry Gnome said...

We've had lots of snow, and 4" is nothing to sneeze at yourself. I've found that getting the right exposure on snow scenes is hard. You have to artificially set the exposure for a brighter picture, giving very white snow and exposing the birds more like normal.

Marie Smith said...

We’ve had a pile of snow, ice pellets, freezing rain, then rain. Misery! Dark like that for weeks too. Oh for the sun and spring...

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

It looks so pretty, but cold! No snow here in Washington state, but maybe some over the weekend. Very dark and rainy, though. The Junco's are so cute. Sending hugs xo K

Changes in the wind said...

That first picture is so pretty and am sure the birds loved the treat. We had a high temp of 80, even had to turn on the AC in the car as it was 83 driving home from Bible study. No ready for that.

Brian King said...

That's more snow than we've had so far. Love the Juncos!

Conniecrafter said...

I like that shot of him with the seed in his mouth, that's neat you were able to enjoy them while they are there. Our snow is all gone now, but I guess we may get an inch tomorrow, it is going to get freezing cold, so this girl will be staying in as much as she can, just out for church and doctors appointment next week.

Susan Zarzycki said...

Juncoes are hard to photograph because their dark eyes blend into their dark feathers. Love your house, so pretty!❤️

Lowcarb team member said...

Snow always looks so pretty.
Here in my part of the UK we haven't had any yet, although there are snow warnings ... we shall see.

All the best Jan

Ruth S said...

I was so glad to finely see the sun!

LeAnn said...

I actually think the photos of the Junco show what a cute little bird they are. How fun to feed them and the joy they have in eating off the ground in the snow.
We did get one inch of snow today. It was lovely! I haven't been out in it and our Sammy always backs up when he sees the snow and we have to encourage him to go out in. He is an indoor dog all the way.
Sending loving thoughts your way!

Debbie said...

YeS!!! me too ruth! i think we are going to have to prepare for more snow on sunday, maybe not too much. a lot of the 4" we got has melted off!!