Monday, February 1, 2021

I Finally Got My Snow

I love the look and sound of a fire, roaring in a working fireplace...
We have 2 fireplaces in our house but not in our home office.
As much as I love the look, 
the heat is often too much for me and would definitely be overwhelming while I am trying to work.
Our cable company has a feature whereas you just have to say "fireplace" in to the remote...


and you get this, it's really lovely to look at.


I have these DVD's from years ago, both are wonderful for setting the stage.
I still use the Winter Wonderland DVD as our cable provider does not offer snow scenes.

I have been playing it almost every day and today it happened!

The front yard...

the back yard.

I only took a few pictures before it got dark...

and this one after the sun set.
It is still snowing and we are suppose to get more today!

I finally got my snow!

16 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

Happy snow day!

Conniecrafter said...

YAH!!!!! So happy for you and it looks so very pretty. I saw this morning that New York is getting some this morning too, so you may have even more now :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh that snow is so pretty.

Marie Smith said...

Could you take ours too, Debbie? You live in the wrong place. Right for me though!

Linda said...

I am so happy for you!! We had a cold howling wind here at the ranch yesterday! It was a perfect time to caulk up some places the wind was sneaking in!
Love your snow pictures!

Lowcarb team member said...

Yay!
Pleased for you.
Just love your snow photographs :)

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

It really is beautiful. We got some this weekend, too.

The Furry Gnome said...

Yeah snow! Hope you get lots more!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

YEAH! Good for you that you got your wish, Debbie!...jp

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

When I saw the weather channel I thought of you! I even said it to my husband! heehee! I hoped you had gotten a pretty snow. Maybe I need some of the snow scenes for the TV! Today it was cool and windy so we stayed inside all day. Stay warm and snug!

Ruth S said...

Did we have to get it all at once?

Kim said...

I saw on the morning news here today that your part of the world got blasted with snow! Gorgeous photos. Have a beautiful day...will you be venturing out, or will you enjoy your little white world looking out the window in front of one of your cosy fires??

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The fireplace looks lovely. Enjoy your snow! Take care, have a great day and week ahead!

Debbie said...

check the 10 day forecast ruth, i think we are getting a lot more!! i hope you are staying safe and toasty!!

LeAnn said...

You are so fun! At least I got to see your beautiful snowstorm through your awesome photos. I do love the idea of viewing the fireplace and or snow on the TV.
Enjoy the moments on this one! Hugs~

Brian King said...

There you go! We picked up about 1.5". Just enough to cover things.