Thursday, December 9, 2021

Oooooh Christmas Tree

 Every year we go and visit the Christmas Tree in Asbury Park.
I like that it is indoors and that you don't have to freeze your butt off looking at it.
It's always huge and I wonder "how did they get it in here"?
This year, you could say the tree is "artificial" and that has stirred up a lot of conversation in town.
A town that is usually hip and cool, it is the tree that everyone is talking about.
It even made the non-local news!
So what do you think?

It is a tree made of cardboard!

There is a sign at the base of the tree that describes the process.
It tells about the layers of the tree and what they represent, 
if you have time to read it.
It is interesting.

Everyone has an opinion and I could not wait to see it.
I thought it was cool!


The place was empty...


I'm talking not another soul, unless you count Santa!

This place is usually wall to wall people.

- the hubs -

- here's me -


And isn't this wonderful...
Coop friends, we should make something like this for the Coop.


- the perfect Christmas tree...all Christmas trees are perfect -

14 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Quite a work of art and didn't waste a living tree. And, it's so different. I like it.

Rian said...

It is 'interesting', Debbie... more artful than Christmassy in my opinion, but that's fine. Creative ideas are always interesting... but not necessarily everyone's tastes. I tend to be old fashioned and like things real and functional, but it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate other ideas. And I have to say that that place looks so-oo empty. Where were all the people?

Kim said...

I think this is a very cool Christmas tree. I love that it is out of the box of what is normally expected. I imagine there is a lot of interesting conversation whirling around this tree. Goodness, it is very, very tall. Love the dancing banners too, surrounding the tree.

R's Rue said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love it so much.

Marie Smith said...

That was eerily quiet. I love that tree but the real thing gets my vote.

Linda said...

Yes.....all Christmas trees are perfect!!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Wow! That is a gorgeous Christmas tree. I have never seen such a big tree made of cardboard before.

-Soma

Angie said...

Debbie - I am a pretty traditional person, so at first it put me off. But the more I read about it, the more entranced I became! Sorry I have not been 'round much to comment, but I am back now!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I like the Eco Art tree. The banners are pretty too! Cute photos of you and your hubs! Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend.

Black Knight said...

Christmas atmosphere is always special. Great pics of you and hubby.

Brian King said...

I think the construction is quite clever. I suspect a lack of color may put some people off. It definitely has a beautiful sculpture-like appearance, but probably not as "Christmas-ee" as some would like.

Lowcarb team member said...

It's certainly different, but I think my preference is for a real tree.

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

It is very interesting isn't it, it was neat to see the reason behind how they made it and it is good that they used recycle cardboard! Wow the place was empty wasn't it. The star banner is so pretty, wonder if a group made them?

LeAnn said...

I must say this tree is unique and I like they are doing something good for the environment. The place is very empty. However, from the photos of you two, it looks like you are having a great time.
Hugs for you two!