Thursday, December 30, 2021

If You Own Just One Book...

 I don't have a large library of books,
 memory issues keep me from enjoying books...but I use to love to read.
If you were to have only one book in your collection, it should be
"The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse"
by Charlie Mackesy

It is a wonderful work of art, 
a book about love, friendship and kindness!

I have read it many times and I read it again to write this post, it's such a wonderful read.
I have several of my favorite pages bookmarked.

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"kind" said the boy.

"Being kind to yourself is one of the greatest kindnesses" said the mole.

"Most of the old moles I know wish they had listened less to there fear's and more to their dreams".

Another wonderful book...

"maybe"
by Kobi Yamada

A story about the endless potential in all of us

Maybe you are here to help in ways that only you can?

One thing is for sure, you are here, And because you are here...

...anything is possible.

- reading gives us someplace to go, when we have to stay where we are -
Isn't that a great quote!

12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Both of the books are inspiring. Yes, I love the quote. Take care, enjoy your day!

Marie Smith said...

That mole is a wise one!. The art work is excellent too!

Changes in the wind said...

Love "reading gives us someplace to go, when we have to stay where we are"

Rian said...

Oh, Debbie, I LOVE that book (The boy, the mole, the fox, and the horse) and have given it to both my granddaugthers... both love books and I gave it to the older one on her graduation from high school (along with other things of course) and to the younger one (who has so many books in her room, there's barely room to move) last Christmas when she was 8. The art work as well as the words are simply wonderful.
Now I will have to look for "Maybe"...

Black Knight said...

"The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse" is the perfect gift for my grandson!

Terra said...

The Boy, the Mole book is one of my tip top all time favorite books. I am using your recommendation to buy myself the other book you like, Maybe. My older son gave me a gift card to buy books for Christmas so I am going to buy Maybe.

MarmePurl said...

I am always on the look out for great books. hanks so much for the suggestions.

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks for these suggestions ...

Enjoy the last two days of December.
Happy New Year Wishes.

All the best Jan

Bev said...

OHHH those books look soo good! I have never heard of them... I'll keep them in mind for the Great Grands....

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

They do look like treasures! Love the sweet sentiments and illustrations. Wishing you and your loved ones blessings in the coming new year, dear Debbie. x K

Conniecrafter said...

Looks like to very wonderful and positive books and that is what need to keep around us, especially in these times!
I do love the quote also!

LeAnn said...

I just received the first book from a friend for Christmas. Your second book looks like a great one too. Those area the kind of books I like to read. I do love reading, I really like to read a good novel, but haven't had time to do that for a long time. Your thoughts and book choices are inspiring.
Blessings and hug1