Friday, December 10, 2021

Along The Way

 Going to see the tree in Asbury Park was so fun, 
the drive there was almost as much fun as seeing the tree.

As we approached Asbury Park, I could see the Old Carousel House lit up beautifully!
Carousel #87 was placed inside this building in 1932 and would run here for more than half a century.
The carousel was purchased in 1990 and moved from this building to North Carolina 
where it currently runs in the Family Kingdom Park.
The building has remained empty since then but occasionally hosts 
theater groups, bands and art shows.
This historic building is one that defines the Asbury Parks character.

Close by to it, this tree was up on the boardwalk.
It was freezing out...
I was able to take this picture from the car.
What a win!

Can you say lights?

I saw this building whizz past as we were driving. 
The hubs promised we could stop on the way back, and we did.


It is a jewelry store decorated to look like a wrapped box.
It's difficult to see that in these pictures.

I wonder who is in charge of checking the bulbs?

"we have to check every bulb Russ"

Who recognized that line from a very famous Christmas movie?
I wanted to let them know they had a few bulbs out...
the hubs said "no"!!

hahahaha, not really - it just evoked that happy memory!

11 comments:

Lisa said...

That carousel is gorgeous and I love the light color. I am in awe of all the lights on the other buildings too. WOWZA that is a lot of lights and work.

Marie Smith said...

A line from Christmas Vacation…a must see Christmas movie every year in this house.

Lowcarb team member said...

"a jewelry store decorated to look like a wrapped box" that's quite an idea :)
Enjoyed your photographs Debbie, thank you.

All the best Jan

Jyoti said...

Oh wow! The decoration is mind blowing. Lovely Post dear! xoxo
Allurerage 
Thetrendybride 

BeachGypsy said...

You get such pretty pictures Debbie, all the lights, it feels like we are really there with you! I bet you will be out this weekend seeing lots more pretty stuff, hope you get lots more pictures to show us. I just love seeing what all people have in their neighborhoods all over the nation, it's fun! So many new things to see. Happy weekend!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The Christmas lights are just beautiful! I would not want to check all those bulbs.
Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Black Knight said...

Other beautiful Christmas lights! That decoration is stunning.
Have a good week end.

Debbie said...

you guessed it marie...i have seen that movie more than 100 times. everyone in my family knows every word!! i hope you are doing well!!

Conniecrafter said...

So fun when you get some surprises along the way that you were not expecting, people are so creative as with that building and I did notice that the Carousel house had purple colors :)
Yes I did catch your line from the Christmas Vacation movie, that is my hubby's favorite!

LeAnn said...

I love the photos of the tree and the building as a gift. I like that line in the movie. it is a favorite movie for sure. Seriously, my oldest son's family could be the one that does the nutty things; Randy Quaid. Blessings and hugs for the memory on this one!

Brian King said...

Those are some beautiful lights!