Tuesday, December 14, 2021

A Virtual Christmas Party

 My knitting friends had a great idea...let's have a Christmas party, and meet on zoom.
That sounds great right, I'm in, I'll meet you there.

So here's how it went.
Liz and Leanne, our hosts, picked an appetizer and cocktail for us to make prior to the zoom.
I made the appetizer but did not make the cocktail - Liz told me how to make it a "mocktail".
A "mocktail"?? I'd never even heard of that...
it's a cocktail without the liquor...I need more life experiences with these peeps!
The hubs had a brilliant idea, he poured juice into a wine glass and I told everyone it was wine.
- hehehehe and then I told the truth -


- my little set up -

We had more people at times, people joined late and some left early!
I'm not a big conversationist in large groups, 
but you can't shut me up in a small setting or one on one.
- those who know me are shaking their heads, yup -
I did not know everyone, any knitter could join in which made it super fun.
I listened, I laughed and I stuffed my face with my yummy appetizer.

And, if you are still drooling over that yummy appetizer, the recipe can be found here.
Only 4 ingredients, puff pastry, brie cheese, cranberry sauce and orange zest.

- finding friends with the same obsession as yours...priceless - 

8 comments:

Marie Smith said...

What a great idea! With the new variant, this might be the way we have Christmas gatherings. The appetizer looks delicious. I’ll check out how they go together.

Changes in the wind said...

So glad you enjoyed it and it looked like great fun.

Leanne Coppola said...

LOVE that you were on with us!!!!!!!!

Black Knight said...

What a wonderful idea. I'll try to do the same with my relatives who live abroad.

R's Rue said...

Yummy and a great idea.

Conniecrafter said...

That is great you were all able to get together that way, I am the same way, not so good in groups, I just set back and listen mostly, but I do love small groups. Great idea to have appetizers with it

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a great idea ...
I like the sound of "puff pastry, brie cheese, cranberry sauce and orange zest"

My good wishes.

All the best Jan

LeAnn said...

Yes, I agree finding friends that share your passions is priceless. I loved how friends organized this one. I really like that you had food items to share. This sounds like such a fun group. I think we are alike in many ways. I'm one to listen and learn when in a big group, but smaller ones, I open up more. The food looked yummy. I would have done well with your drink.
Blessings and hug!